Brake Boost Balancing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AnyMal

no quema cuh
Threads
Alright fellas,

I have a bit of a strange non linearity up front in my brake power. I don’t believe there is a dedicated thread to this, or if this is even possible on a 200, but I am wondering if there is a mechanical or other brake pressure adjustment procedure?

What I often experience and have read multiple members report is that traction is lost and ABS acts predominantly on the drivers tire (LF side). Whenever I do exercise my brakes, I can feel and hear this happening. Slick road with moderate braking, everything is at threshold and without fail, the drivers tire breaks first, ABS activates and my steering wheel gets a tug. I’ve never had it happen on the right front corner. Only time that goes is when the drivers has already locked and slipped, and it follows. Never in the reverse order.

Is there a way I can adjust valving or anything to send some more pressure to the other side? Do you think this may have something to do with axle shafts being offset and unequal in length with some quirky torque distribution? Id like to get it to where the grip determines what way things will slip, despite being less predictable I guess. I just feel there is braking power being left on the table because its too aggressively locking up the drivers.

Any insight or experience is appreciated.

Thanks!

You can rule out axle shaft lengths, as under braking the brake torque reacts directly at the wheel hub so all are equal distant to the tire centerline. I'll assume you are off the accelerator pedal.

Last edited:
I also wanted to add that this condition has existed from stock, and i do see evidence of this being true in the line swelling on that side:

1680361106208.png
1680361159244.png

The drivers line segment at the grommet has swollen internally and you can see the yellowing there in the left pic. Keeping an eye on it and will replace eventually…

Those aren't the stock rubber lines I had on either of my 200 series. They appear aftermarket to me.

You can rule out axle shaft lengths, as under braking the brake torque reacts directly at the wheel hub so all are equal distant to the tire centerline. I'll assume you are off the accelerator pedal.
And axles are equal length on the 200. Same exact part on both sides.

Those aren't the stock rubber lines I had on either of my 200 series. They appear aftermarket to me.

Yes indeed, they are centric braided lines and relatively new. You can see discoloration only on drivers.

Bad wording there, sorry. The brake lock condition has been present since purchase completely stock. There is evidence the line on the drivers has tried to expand vs the passenger on these new lines, whereas the factory rubber would stretch and give probably and never ge noticed.

I don't see where this line as bulged, have you run a caliper down its length? If their is a swollen section then it's probably do to being kinked during installation or mishandling during removal of a caliper. Those lines are good for about 3000 psi otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom