Brake Backing Plates (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a question....

I have a leaking brake line junction on the back of the caliper backing plate.

Is anyone here running a soft line directly from the axle hard line right to the caliper.

I need the truck to be up and running by Tuesday so I can get to a fisheries meeting....

I was figuring order the NAPA extended lines that I used after my OME lift.

I'd like to go SS, but the rubber lines only take a day to get to me.

Any thoughts?
jake

There is a kit you can get that eliminates that backing plate. Its a rock catcher that you don't want anyway from what I've read. I know for sure Mark's has them because I just ordered a set from him. Not sure who else has them. Maybe MAF?

downtime

What I'm thinking of doing is throwing the NAPA soft lines on there to minimize downtime - then put a Downey eliminator kit on there when I rebuild my knuckles.

Just trying to minimize downtime....

NAPA hoses is what I used. I don't have the part #'s, but search user 'Kavik' 's post about his SOA project. On pg 2-3 or so, he gives part #'s. I used hoses that were 2" shorter than listed ( I'm thinking about 12 or 14") and they work just fine lock to lock and still enough slack.

There is a kit you can get that eliminates that backing plate. Its a rock catcher that you don't want anyway from what I've read. I know for sure Mark's has them because I just ordered a set from him. Not sure who else has them. Maybe MAF?

Can you give me some more details on the kit that eliminates the backing plate? My drivers side backing plate scoop is broken and the cheapest replacement I have found is from cruiserparts.net and it is $75. I couldn't find anything like a backing plate on Marks Off Road (if that is the Mark you are referencing).

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom