Brake and clutch pedal adjustment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After just a little while of driving I get very tired of constantly having to left my legs up to press on the brakes or push down the clutch. Its they sit so much higher than the gas pedal it seems very dumb. Is there any good way of adjusting the pedals down alot or is just one of those 40 things.

its a 40 thing, not much you can do(at least that I know of) Me.....it doesn't bother me....but it could be better I agree.

[quote author=Cruiserhead05 link=board=1;threadid=11045;start=msg99378#msg99378 date=1075945838]
After just a little while of driving I get very tired of constantly having to left my legs up to press on the brakes or push down the clutch. Its they sit so much higher than the gas pedal it seems very dumb. Is there any good way of adjusting the pedals down alot or is just one of those 40 things.
[/quote]

I bent my gas pedal in a vise, brought it up a little. There is adjustment under the dash. Might try both? My gas pedal was so bent, the secondary would hardly open up. Thought I'd found a turbo the first time I drove it!!
Ed Long :)

yeah know I did bend the pedal on my fj45, but its different I think then latter 40's.....but I guess you could bend it, but if too much you might not be able to leave your heal on the floor....now I'm gonna have to go look ;)

[quote author=Degnol link=board=1;threadid=11045;start=msg99470#msg99470 date=1075951727]
I bent my gas pedal in a vise, brought it up a little. There is adjustment under the dash. Might try both? My gas pedal was so bent, the secondary would hardly open up. Thought I'd found a turbo the first time I drove it!!
Ed Long :)
[/quote]

Thanks, John, I've never been "quoted" before! I failed to say that the adjustment under the dash is for the return or resting height of the clutch and brake, if that makes it any clearer. Holmas, for a guy that owns as many cruisers as YOU DO, you really ought to KNOW MORE! heh, heh :flipoff2:
;)
Ed

The real problem with the Cruiser is the seat height and distance from the dash. Do what we did to Petes rig. He had the same problem. We lifted his seat up with a fabricated "lift kit". We also moved it back a bit while we were at it. Now it fits him a lot better. I've lifted mine about an inch. This is a common mod for cruisers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom