Braided brake line issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HemiAlex

Long live the 2F
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
yotaoilfilters.com
I bought a brand new in box brake like kit for my truck. I've already installed the front lines without issue.

The problem is on the frame to axle lines. Both of them have female threads on both ends, so where I would connect to the axle tee I've got female/female threads.

I really need an m10x1.25 (pretty sure this is the size) male/male union in steel to install the frame hoses.

The lines are red plastic coated braided lines, has anyone else seen this? I don't know who made them originally.

who did you buy the brake line kit from? do they have any answers?

x2 on what 3_puppies said.

I run the extended SS brake lines from MAF on my FJ60, even have the SS clutch hose as well. Good product.

Don't use SS brake lines on the front calipers unless the dust shields are removed. SS lines don't twist and can work the fitting loose when turning the wheel from stop to stop over time. The Toyota rubber brake hoses are the best for the caliper lines if the dust shield is still installed.

The new frame drop down hoses w female ends you just got don't fit. Replace them. Don't use an adapter.

I'm running backing plate eliminators from trail gear.

I think that I'm going to find a set of longer Japanese or American hoses in rubber or braided. These are annoying me too much.

I've always been a lot more happy with the factory Toyota rubber lines versus the stainless ones. They last a LONG time and fit perfect. If you need longer Toyota rubber lines, look at other vehicles such as the Tundra a lot of times they are interchangeable and a bit longer.

just now replacing the 52 year old original brake hoses on my 1964 fj45lv.......so yeah the do seem to last

I've always been a lot more happy with the factory Toyota rubber lines versus the stainless ones. They last a LONG time and fit perfect. If you need longer Toyota rubber lines, look at other vehicles such as the Tundra a lot of times they are interchangeable and a bit longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom