braided brake cables (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
can you get there anywhere or do they need to be speical fj40 type stuff?
what are the benefites?
what are the reasons?
i'm running a 4" skyjacker and haven't had to get any yet
buy i hear people saying it's good to do when lifting
the vehicle

I have the 4 " skyjacker as well.
Not necessary in the front, necessary in the back. My rear line is taut, I actually forgot about it, flexed it out anyway this weekend, and managed to not pop the line. :slap: (got lucky) I ordered mine from 4wheelparts store nearby, they have a skyjacker braided line kit made especially for those with 2.5-4" of lift. 48.88 delivered to my door. Not just any brake line will work cause ours are metric oddball. I just ordered the rear line, they have the front available as well.
The reasoning for ss braided:
The only reason people replace the rubber with ss when lifting is, if you are going to do the labor, might as well put in a product that will last, and perform better. SS doesn't expand like rubber, giving you a better brake feel, it is also more heat resistant (ask Beo or Cruiserdan I think it was, they had a brake line melt because it was too close to exhaust.) And just generally stronger. If you are someone that runs trails with lots of underbrush, roots ect. the stainless is stronger than rubber. That said, I am only going to replace the rear for now, I will eventually replace all three front lines with lines from a local company barnettperformance.com.

Re: braided brake cables-New Line

My new Skyjacker SS braided line came in today, I compared it to the stock one, its about 6-7" longer.  Perfect for my application.  Probably would be a little longer than needed for 2.5" lifts, they supply a zip tie to take up some slack if you don't need the entire length.  
One question: what is that little copper washer for that came with the line?  I guess it is some sort of crush washer and all will be clear when I take the old one off?
Here are two pics of what came:
packaged%20brake%20line.jpg

Unpackaged%20brake%20line.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom