Events/Trails Bradshaw run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Overlandeffex

SILVER Star
Threads
Last minute run out to go take a quick run at the Bradshaw. Game plan leave San Diego about 9 run up to the 10 out to Blythe. From there get on the Bradshaw and start heading back west with camping someplace in between. Saturday would be getting out to the Salton Sea and looking at some of this plus Slab City and then going in checking out Superstition Mountain on our way back. Depending on time maybe hit Oriflamme/ Rodriguez maybe you can just go straight up the S2. Anyone wants to join that be great let me know!

So wish I could make it.

I ended up doing this last minute on Saturday afternoon to Sunday night, missed the Bauers along the trail. The side by sides on the trail really did a number on the trail since last time I did it. About all we saw on the western end of the trail was a couple dozen side by sides flying by and a few vehicles. The western 10 miles is just simply a horrible ride with larger un even washboard-woops which was slow going.
A few things to note; The old boat must have been set on fire as it was nearly down to the ground. Someone removed all the practice missiles that used to be on the side of the road. There are at least 3 more new junked cars- camper shells along the road. Just about half of the signs are shot up and a significant amount of trash is now scattered in a few more areas. Still a cool area, however it could use a bit of attention.

Sorry I got really busy yesterday. SO us and @KTP drove out to Blythe on Friday and had amazing BBQ at Rebel BBQ. Really, stop and enjoy the food if your in the area!! The trail is very beautiful and boring from a technical stand point. We go on the trail about 230 and made it about half way with on off shoot to see if it was better. The side roads which are mainly out and backs are more fun. We camped out and enjoyed the evening dinner and fire. In the morning the wind came up and we had breakfast and were on the trail by 745. Like @landcruising said the last 10 to 15 miles are whooped out and we had a bunch of A#%HOLES that were charging hard with their expensive Raptors being jerks on that part. We then went left at the canal and drove down to Slab City, what a s*** hole! Very disappointed in what we hoped would be cool. From there we stated to head west and ran out of time to hit the naval base. Next time. Sorry we missed @landcruising but checked the trail off the bucket list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom