BR Playa is dry (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.about.me
Lots of snow in the Granites still, but the playa is dry and safe to cross in case you're wondering.Tried and failed to find Steamshovel trail and the '64 was overheating so instead of fighting the canyons I headed across 80 and went to BR by way of 7 troughs.I really need to get the timing taken care of, and replace the carb too, 'cause 10mpg sucks. Yeah, and might as well fix the oil leak while I'm at it...and put on the correct water pump and PS pump too.Sigh! Maybe I'll be able to make a club run someday with this truck.

Can anyone clue me in as to why my posts don't seem to include any carraige returns?

Lots of snow in the Granites still, but the playa is dry and safe to cross in case you're wondering.Tried and failed to find Steamshovel trail and the '64 was overheating so instead of fighting the canyons I headed across 80 and went to BR by way of 7 troughs.I really need to get the timing taken care of, and replace the carb too, 'cause 10mpg sucks. Yeah, and might as well fix the oil leak while I'm at it...and put on the correct water pump and PS pump too.Sigh! Maybe I'll be able to make a club run someday with this truck.

Glad to hear that the playa is dry. That always makes traveling out that way much more fun.

Too bad about Steamshovel, we will have to get Dan/John to show us someday soon, I really want to do that trail. At least the weekend wasn't a total bust, sounds like you covered some good ground anyway.

Don't worry, none of the rigs will ever be done. I agree 10mpg really sucks.

Jack

Last edited:
Steamshovel is one of the those trails your not likely to find with out a guide or GPS coordinates. I've been to the trailhead and I could still drive right by it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom