BP51 install - inner fender question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mulebarn

GOLD Star
Threads
Hey folks, I had BP51s installed today, and they feel great in the short drive home. My question is, for those who also run BP51s, were you able to reinstall the factory inner fender splash shield things, since the remote reservoir lives basically in the engine bay?

It looks like @Eric Sarjeant did a great job here, but I can’t tell if they’re modified, custom, or unchanged.

TIA for your input. And yep, I searched the forum and couldn’t find anything.

C55AD611-127E-45CA-9BE1-27BF309E7448.jpeg

Hey folks, I had BP51s installed today, and they feel great in the short drive home. My question is, for those who also run BP51s, were you able to reinstall the factory inner fender splash shield things, since the remote reservoir lives basically in the engine bay?

It looks like @Eric Sarjeant did a great job here, but I can’t tell if they’re modified, custom, or unchanged.

TIA for your input. And yep, I searched the forum and couldn’t find anything.

View attachment 2364792
Yes, you can/should keep it. Aftermarket front bumper may be another story.

The shop that installed my BPs did not reinstall the liners. By chance is there a part # available as I'll want to put these back on.

53808-60070 Left inner lining seal $86.86
53807-60131 Right inner lining seal $86.86
90109-06375 Need 6 bolds $1.06 each
90159-60215 Need 4 screws $1.73 each
53876-60130 Left liner $126.23
53875-60160 Right liner $126.23
Shipping $50
Shoot me an email if you need these, should take less than an hour to install. esarjeant@edmartin.com

Eric, I believe I only need the front guards for each side.
Would you agree?
5BB2C305-281A-4A77-8A83-6515D0478633.jpeg

Can someone please post a picture of how it looks with it installed?

Mine look like the above also.

The first photo is how it should look, with the front liner in place with the BP resi behind it. My
Photo shows the missing liner with the resi in plain sight.

Call me 317-385-9572

53781-60020 Right side
53782-60040 Left side

The shop that installed my BPs did not reinstall the liners. By chance is there a part # available as I'll want to put these back on.
@doctorres112 Why not call them and ask for your parts, and if they don't have them, get them to replace them? The stupid white tophat fasteners seem to be one time use. I replaced broken ones with spare push-pin type fasteners when I installed my Kings.

@Fisher23 Look at the first picture in this thread for a picture of it installed with the factory splash shields installed.

Yes, you can/should keep it. Aftermarket front bumper may be another story.
Hi Eric,
Any photos of the other side guard mounted as well? One side looks like it would be modified quite a bit to work. Can't remember if it was the driver or passenger that looked more-so.

Also, I've read up a lot on different forums about the debate of the splash guards with reservoir mounts. Understanding that they are there to help keep debris out of the engine bay from OEM. However, with the idea of large reservoirs carrying excess fluid and extra surface area to dissipate heat, quite a few seemingly knowledgeable people recommend not putting splash guards over the reservoirs like that, due to them now trapping the reservoirs in the heat of the engine bay with less air flow to help dissipate the heat when the shocks are in use. What are your thoughts on that line of thinking?

@Fisher23 Look at the first picture in this thread for a picture of it installed with the factory splash shields installed.

Yes I saw that one .. that is how mine are. I must have read something wrong here.. sounded like someone installed additional shields. If I remember right that is how the ARB instructions I had said to do it, just like that first picture.

I think the original concern was that the BP-51 installer failed to reinstall the factory splash shields.

Hi Eric,
Any photos of the other side guard mounted as well? One side looks like it would be modified quite a bit to work. Can't remember if it was the driver or passenger that looked more-so.

Also, I've read up a lot on different forums about the debate of the splash guards with reservoir mounts. Understanding that they are there to help keep debris out of the engine bay from OEM. However, with the idea of large reservoirs carrying excess fluid and extra surface area to dissipate heat, quite a few seemingly knowledgeable people recommend not putting splash guards over the reservoirs like that, due to them now trapping the reservoirs in the heat of the engine bay with less air flow to help dissipate the heat when the shocks are in use. What are your thoughts on that line of thinking?
I’m probably not the best to answer since I’m not a technician and I’ve never personally read the installation instructions. But my gut would tell me the splash shield would be more appropriate for debris protection and sound reduction over increased air cooling. That part of the engine compartment can get super hot, very true, but I would think the reservoirs are designed for any real-world temperature scenario. I’d definitely defer to others for additional input, but I’d gladly consult a tech and post additional thoughts if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom