BP-51 questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm going to have to watch for those post-lift specs too. I just had the BP-51s installed and have a KDSS rub when I'm full lock towards passenger and in reverse. It also feels like it veers left when I accelerate and veers right when I brake.

I'm going to have to watch for those post-lift specs too. I just had the BP-51s installed and have a KDSS rub when I'm full lock towards passenger and in reverse. It also feels like it veers left when I accelerate and veers right when I brake.
Here are my specs BP-51 with SPC UCA’s. No rub at all. I do run 285/70//17 BFGs which are not a full 33in tire.

I run OEM alignment specs with a 2” BP-51 lift, SPC UCA’s, and 285/70R17 KO2’s. I have no rubbing, but also don‘t have KDSS.

Binding might be your tires contacting your KDSS arm on the driver side
Current tires are stock size (285/60R18) on factory rims. I took another look this morning, nothing is rubbing or shows sign of contact.

The truck tracks straight, but takes constant attention to keep it in the lane. I actually got pulled over a couple weeks ago at 8:30 am, the cop thought I was weaving too much.

Current tires are stock size (285/60R18) on factory rims. I took another look this morning, nothing is rubbing or shows sign of contact.

The truck tracks straight, but takes constant attention to keep it in the lane. I actually got pulled over a couple weeks ago at 8:30 am, the cop thought I was weaving too much.
What are your alignment specs for camber, caster and toe. Could be that you are just winthin the factory specs but would benefit from higher caster and slightly negative camber. My caster is in the mid 3 degrees and -.1 degrees of camber and .12 of toe. Tracks straight and tire wear is perfect.

Those numbers look good, I would have the alignment rechecked, if the tech didn’t torque the LCA cam bolts or the tie rod ends to spec things could have loosened up and got out of alignment. I watched my last alignment being performed and the tech didn’t use a torque wrench…was disappointed. With that said over the past 4 alignments I haven’t had camber or caster change after hard off roading. Just encountered my toe being way out of spec.

I also replaced front and back with the tough dog 0-2“ lift springs and had been suffering with a 1” driver side lean since put in. Stock rear Taller spring was on the passenger side so that’s what I did when putting in the tough dogs. Kdss system trick done several times. nothing helped, was getting pretty mad. Swapped rear springs so taller spring is on the driver side, with a 10 or 6 mm (forget) packer on the passenger side rear. Rear is now within an 1/8”. Driver side front 1/2” lower than passenger side. Guess I’m not done yet. They have a 1/4” front spacer packer shim whatever you want to call it available for Tacomas and the FJs. I’m gonna give it a shot.

I also replaced front and back with the tough dog 0-2“ lift springs and had been suffering with a 1” driver side lean since put in. Stock rear Taller spring was on the passenger side so that’s what I did when putting in the tough dogs. Kdss system trick done several times. nothing helped, was getting pretty mad. Swapped rear springs so taller spring is on the driver side, with a 10 or 6 mm (forget) packer on the passenger side rear. Rear is now within an 1/8”. Driver side front 1/2” lower than passenger side. Guess I’m not done yet. They have a 1/4” front spacer packer shim whatever you want to call it available for Tacomas and the FJs. I’m gonna give it a shot.
Three bolt slots for the tacomas and fj’s, I mgonna make one with 4 slots

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom