Box under passenger seat??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The other day I dropped a coin under the passenger seat and I was reaching under there to get it I realized there was a box under there. At first I thought it might be a cd changer but when I looked closer, it is some major electrical component with a couple wiring harnesses going in and even a fan for cooling. Im just curious of what this is because if I go mudding and get water in the cab is this like the brain box fore the truck or something??? What is this for and do I need to water proof it before submerging it?
Thanks

Black Box?

Alarm system brain?

rear heater. low on the dash in front of the gear selector there is a rocker switch that makes the fan turn fast or slow or not at all. ;)

Your new here aren't you? It's just the rear heater as stated above.

Like others said, meet your rear heater. Your passengers will get to know it more than you on a cold morning or night.

since he brought it up, if the button for rear heater is always off will that help avoid the problems with the PHH?

(that was a rec from you wasn't it MShelby?)

since he brought it up, if the button for rear heater is always off will that help avoid the problems with the PHH?

(that was a rec from you wasn't it MShelby?)

I don't think it will avoid the problem since the hose can still go out. I recall you telling me someone mentioned once you can cap off the PHH but I don't know anything about that since I won't have that issue :grinpimp:

Duh, that makes sense. What is PHH?

Pesky Heater Hose you should change as PM. Use the search function and type PHH and you will see. ;) Simply answer is a hose on the US drivers side that can be challenge to replace, better to change it in your driveway rather than trail.

If the box (rear heater) bothers you- bypass it....many have taken this route- search and you will find.

The last couple day I have noticed a water sloshing sound when I stop. Could this be the coolant sloshing around in this box? That wouldnt make sense thought cause the water pump should be circulating coolant and there should not be room to slosh because the heater core in the box should be full at all times. Or when the valve for the heater is closed for too long coolant will flow out but not back in with the valve closed? Sorry im ranting but im hopeful this is the sound and not water pooling somewhere in my rig. Thanks

That will be your sunroof drains being clogged. In the FAQs there is a guide on how to unclog them and get all that water out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom