Bowfin Rack quick release (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, Anybody tried using quick release mounting hardware on a Bowfin rack? Mounting up an Overland Pros 270* (6K).
Curious about what system may work.

McMaster-Carr has some options. I went with the listed due to cost. They have some that lock as well. Ran it for a few weeks with no releasing issues. They have some that lock but big $$$. This leaves the mounting hardware on the rack as I didn't have any clearance issues for the garage. Seemed simpler than trying a quick release from the rack itself, and never searched for anything that would mount in the extrusion itself. I also ordered a wire tether to attach to the awning so I didn't lose the pins but haven't installed until further testing.
Paired with low rise Prinsu brackets.

1652714297730.png
1652714441890.png

McMaster-Carr has some options. I went with the listed due to cost. They have some that lock as well. Ran it for a few weeks with no releasing issues. They have some that lock but big $$$. This leaves the mounting hardware on the rack as I didn't have any clearance issues for the garage. Seemed simpler than trying a quick release from the rack itself, and never searched for anything that would mount in the extrusion itself. I also ordered a wire tether to attach to the awning so I didn't lose the pins but haven't installed until further testing.
Paired with low rise Prinsu brackets.

View attachment 3010113View attachment 3010115
Thanks! Interesting idea! So that's the mounting hardware that came with you awning? You replaced a bolt with this pin?

Thanks! Interesting idea! So that's the mounting hardware that came with you awning? You replaced a bolt with this pin?
The awning had the mount I used the pins on, it was nothing special and the two vertical rectangle shaped pierces. Its bolted to the Prinsu low rise mount. All Prinsu accessories fit the Bowfin. I actual left half that mount and the Prinsu on all winter and will probably continue to do so as it looked fine leaving it on and takes 2 minutes with 2 people to mount. The pins have a ball bearing at the end and are easy to push out so made me a little nervous but never an issue.

1652738019140.png

That's good knowledge!
Let me rephrase that. All Prinsu accessories "should" fit the Bowfin. Not 100% sure on this but haven's ran into any issues here yet. I think any series 10 extrusion parts as well.

The awning had the mount I used the pins on, it was nothing special and the two vertical rectangle shaped pierces. Its bolted to the Prinsu low rise mount. All Prinsu accessories fit the Bowfin. I actual left half that mount and the Prinsu on all winter and will probably continue to do so as it looked fine leaving it on and takes 2 minutes with 2 people to mount. The pins have a ball bearing at the end and are easy to push out so made me a little nervous but never an issue.

View attachment 3010452
That is good to know! Still deciding where everything will go, but I want to be able to drive the truck casually too without all the gear on it. Sadly these wont work as mine is a "Batwing Style". Ill look through my included hardware and see if an idea pops up. Thanks!

@CPACruiser was making some Bowfin-compatible awning brackets for a minute. I have a set and they are beefy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom