Bowfin Cruisers - Roof racks and more (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm pretty exited waiting for mine.
Any suggestion or advise on how to mount/fix a 100w solar panel?
We at one point mounted our solar panel on an old snowboard.

We at one point mounted our solar panel on an old snowboard.
That's so dope. I should try my old skateboard....

Once I get them both, panel and bowfin rack, I'll figure out with a couple of visits to ACE. I was just wondering if there was a plug'n play kit for this rack.

That's so dope. I should try my old skateboard....

Once I get them both, panel and bowfin rack, I'll figure out with a couple of visits to ACE. I was just wondering if there was a plug'n play kit for this rack.
With and without the panel. This was before our bowfin rack but if we still had this panel we would be figuring out how to mount this same set up to the rack.
We now have the Jackery Power system and it comes with two panels that fold out and sit on their own. But we can not have the panels out while driving, with the flexible panel mounted to the board we could drive and charge… The Jackery gets plugged into the vehicle to charge while we drive.

390C59D0-02B1-41AC-B36C-DA9ECC9B13DF.jpeg
29346FD9-894D-4DC3-9615-5EE8F03CC8A5.jpeg

With and without the panel. This was before our bowfin rack but if we still had this panel we would be figuring out how to mount this same set up to the rack.
We now have the Jackery Power system and it comes with two panels that fold out and sit on their own. But we can not have the panels out while driving, with the flexible panel mounted to the board we could drive and charge… The Jackery gets plugged into the vehicle to charge while we drive.

View attachment 2940091View attachment 2940093

Thanks for sharing the pics. I got stuck looking at your 40 more than the panel setup lol.
I'm more confident now that I can set up the panel...

Look to tnutz.com and 80/20.net for a large variety of fasteners and brackets for the "10 series" extrusion that the Bowfin (and others) use for the cross bars. Especially from 80/20 you should be able to find just about any mounting fastener you could want. I want to produce a solar mount kit at some point, and I believe @NLXTACY at absolute-wits-end.com may have something already. He definitely has been working on it with his Bowfin racks on his trucks.

View attachment 2940091View attachment 2940093
Ready for the Bowfin rack pics :cool:

Ready for the Bowfin rack pics :cool:
(he hasn’t put it on the 40 yet… he likes it without a rack…lol…it’s still sitting next to it ready to go. He’s going to have to soon though)
But the 100 is sporting it and it’s getting used when I need it!
08A59636-815B-4C46-840F-4BA300C71047.jpeg

Look to tnutz.com and 80/20.net for a large variety of fasteners and brackets for the "10 series" extrusion that the Bowfin (and others) use for the cross bars. Especially from 80/20 you should be able to find just about any mounting fastener you could want. I want to produce a solar mount kit at some point, and I believe @NLXTACY at absolute-wits-end.com may have something already. He definitely has been working on it with his Bowfin racks on his trucks.
Thanks for the info. I'll check them out

(he hasn’t put it on the 40 yet… he likes it without a rack…lol…it’s still sitting next to it ready to go. He’s going to have to soon though)
But the 100 is sporting it and it’s getting used when I need it! View attachment 2940505
Awesome!

This fits in the “more” category of the thread title. @SipLife rocking your cool shirt while doing calculus. It gives him the added boost😁

608B91AE-478C-4A21-A657-15CFF217C12A.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words! I am always glad to hear people are happy with their racks!

Super solid rack and Patrick has been great to work with. I finished the mounting this past weekend and appreciate the design and thought that has gone into the development of a rack with huge versatile potential. If really used by owners I doubt any two Bowfin racks will be set up exactly the same because of the various attachments that can be added. Next week I'll be putting the rack to good use while doing field work on turtle project in Louisiana.

IMG_7873.jpg

IMG_7877.jpg

One item Patrick included in my order was a roller for the rear of the rack. This will be very useful in loading boats, lumber, or other long items. I hadn't expected to put it to use so soon but I'm shipping off a long palletted item and roller came in very handy for loading the pallet.

IMG_7878.jpg

IMG_7879.jpg

Super solid rack and Patrick has been great to work with. I finished the mounting this past weekend and appreciate the design and thought that has gone into the development of a rack with huge versatile potential. If really used by owners I doubt any two Bowfin racks will be set up exactly the same because of the various attachments that can be added. Next week I'll be putting the rack to good use while doing field work on turtle project in Louisiana.

View attachment 3011386

View attachment 3011387

One item Patrick included in my order was a roller for the rear of the rack. This will be very useful in loading boats, lumber, or other long items. I hadn't expected to put it to use so soon but I'm shipping off a long palletted item and roller came in very handy for loading the pallet.

View attachment 3011392

View attachment 3011393
Awesome!

So glad you like the roof rack Jim! Your contributions here on Mud and to science and conservation are incredible. I am so glad to have met you at the fj55 gathering. I hope and believe the rack will serve you well and I look forward to our next meeting!

Patrick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom