Bowfin Cruisers - Roof racks and more (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I need this roller:bounce::bounce2:

When do you think you will have the 40 series rack completed? Any idea on pricing?

Great communication from Patrick - Shipped and Arrived on-time. Excellent Packaging, Easy Assembly and Installation even after several beers (the keychain will open bottles...) - The hallmark of a well engineered product! Plenty of extra fasteners. The clamps suck in nicely under the gutter if you leave them loose enough to move a little bit prior to installing the security bolts. Wash and wax the roof and gutters prior to installing...

An allen wrench was incuded in the kit. Only trip I needed to make to the garage was for a 7/16" wrench and some washers for spacing the light bar mount a bit. I used the OZ-USA S4D 40" Light bar.

Thank you for making this easy!

Last edited:
Kayak Hauling. I've now hauled kayaks, HiLift jacks, a large cargo box, ski racks and fishing rod carriers on this rack.

FJ80 Kayak.jpg

Just placed an order today! Getting ready for a family reunion beach week.

I also ordered on the 14th, still waiting. I’ve sent two PM’s here on Mud and three emails and I only got a reply from Patrick once and that was before I ordered. @dogfishlake please reply to my emails, I am getting worried

Think he said before that it's like a six week lead time for the units... read back further in the thread.

Think he said before that it's like a six week lead time for the units... read back further in the thread.

Yup I know about the lead time, I actually read the entire thread as well as the other thread in the 80 forum because I am really excited about this rack and have been drooling all over the photos! I sent him a PM today following up on my order and finally got a reply, he said it should ship out end of this week or first of next week. Still waiting for a reply though for the additional awning brackets and fairing that I want to order. I really want it to ship together with the rack

Guy is a 1 man shop. He will get it to you. Got some spare awning brackets today in the mail from him. Don't get worried.:)

One man shop plus running another business

It is certainly on the list. I have to get over my piddly last couple of hurdles on the 60 and 100 racks. I have a reasonably solid plan for the 40. Now that I own a 55, I suppose one for that is in order too.

Obviously there are just a few more potential 200 series customers than 55's!

This concept is for being dedicated to Land Cruisers so all are on the table (my argument for needing a 73 right?).

My wife has a 4runner and I thought one for it would be appropriate just to represent. One for production? Not sure.
Anxiously awaiting a 200 series rack. . .:)

I'll throw my $0.02 in: I REALLY like my 100 rack! So much so, have you ever considered a Sequoia rack? Because they've gotten so cheap / have many of the same drivetrain components from the 100, lots of people building them now.

They need nice racks too!

Just my thoughts.

@HRTROB , Your rack and extras are shipping tomorrow
17 days from order. Thank you.

I don't do a lot of corresponding after an order is placed. I will answer emails as best I can but it is all a time consumer so I go for max efficiency to get people's orders ready.

Basically no news is good news on this end so if you do not hear from me that means all is going well :) .

If something is not going well (like a backorder part or such) then you WILL hear from me

Sitting by a campfire with one bar of service waiting for kids to get up so I can cook breakfast so I have a minute.
If they don't get moving soon, I might be cooking lunch!

College kids..

17 days on a 6 week standard order. Amazing. When i see stories like this its easy to understand why some companies charge massive amounts for there products. It cost lots of money to have a full time employee to answer questions, develop new products, track packages, change orders, add to orders, and build a product. I personally find it insulting that someone would be making a "doesn't answer my email" post less than 2 weeks after order was placed on a 6 week job. Small vendors like Patrick are a vital part of our community so if this type of business is not for you then oder from one of the big producers like Prinsu and spend 50% more money.

17 days on a 6 week standard order. Amazing. When i see stories like this its easy to understand why some companies charge massive amounts for there products. It cost lots of money to have a full time employee to answer questions, develop new products, track packages, change orders, add to orders, and build a product. I personally find it insulting that someone would be making a "doesn't answer my email" post less than 2 weeks after order was placed on a 6 week job. Small vendors like Patrick are a vital part of our community so if this type of business is not for you then oder from one of the big producers like Prinsu and spend 50% more money.

I did not mean to insult anybody. It states on the website that the delivery estimate is 2 to 4 weeks. I have been contacting Patrick because I wanted to order an additional fairing and awning brackets which are not listed on his website. It was getting close to the two week period and I have been chatting with a fellow here who said he already got his shipping notification so I knew mine was near as well. I was following up because I really wanted the additional fairing and brackets to ship together with the rack since I will be using a freight forwarder to ship the items to me here in Manila.

I know he is a really busy guy, balancing his primary business that pays the mortgage, as well as this “passion business”, car projects and of course his family time. And I applaud him for that. But you have to see it from my side as well.

By the way, the PrinSu rack is actually a bit cheaper, but I still ordered from Patrick not just because he is a sponsor, but a fellow Cruiser enthusiast and gearhead just like most of us here on Mud. And when he comes out with a 200 rack, then I will buy one from him as well. And I will continue to support the people here who spend the time, money and effort making great products for our cruisers. Typing this while I sip a nice beverage chilling in my BH3D cupholder and looking at the outside temperature display of my Gentex mirror mounted on a Wits End mirror arm mount

Cheers!

Last edited:
I tried to price point where my competitors are but there are a lot of extra items you will get with this rack, they aren't a huge thing but they make a nice difference on the rack but also hurt my price point. #1 is the latch system. They are modified with parts I get manufactured and X8 add a lot of expense. The other thing that looks small but is a big one imo is the double washers that go on the outside of the cross bars. I was not comfortable with just having a bolt and washer there do I get these laser cut out of stainless steel. The double washer has so much more load area to it, it will not pull though in the event of a catastrophic load shift. Also you will not mar your side rails when you adjust the bars forward and back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom