Bowfin Cruisers roof rack and more.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have had a busy few weeks...I have been sitting on some items and decided to get off my ass and get to work when UPS dropped off my new Bowfin Cruisers rack. I have to first give props to Patrick for a well thought out and made roof rack. It came well protected in its shipping package along with all hardware being labeled in separate bags. With no instructions it was still a very easy assembly, maybe one hour. One tip I can give to others would be to attach the screws and t-nuts to the front faring first, then slide the aluminum extrusion along the back side of the fairing, makes this part go quick and hassle free. Once I had it all assembled I had my neighbor help me lift it in place, a few adjustments and it was completed. Patrick did a custom color to match my armor and it came out great. If you were on the fence about this rack, get off and get one.
It was not done this weekend but have not posted any about my recent 4xLABS rear winch bumper with dual swing outs. I had a difficult time with the winch but it finally came together. Had to come up with a different mounting solution for my high lift, it fits nicely behind my spare tire, just needed to design a bracket and support for the jack foot. I used my old frame mounted hitch to fab a new dual yoke hitch as my winch now occupies the center section. All in all a great bumper, had it coated in a speedway grey powder, matches my new roof rack, front bumper and sliders.
On to the next item...LCP's flip up window...super easy install, just watch his two videos and 30-45 minutes later, you will have easy access to the back of the truck.
Now we move over to the inside and I have a new dash pad from Escape Gear, ordered from Paul over at Equipt1, great guy to deal with. A small wait while it was on the way from South Africa, but well worth it in my opinion. Fit is great and I have not installed the Velcro tape to hold it in place and it still stays put.
Finally we have a drawer system from David, once more a small wait for the boat from Oz, once here the install was really straight forward, if you follow the supplied instructions. One I had it centered in the space and bolted down I have no rattles except from some of my small loose items inside the drawers themselves. I do not hear any rattle for the drawer systems itself so far. As you can tell it has been a very productive weekend.

20171112_113426.jpg

20171112_113441.jpg

20171112_113603.jpg

20171112_113616.jpg

20171112_113554.jpg

Looks great! Glad you like it!

I appreciate the review as well as taking a chance on the rack.

Cheers!:beer:

Finally we have a drawer system from David, once more a small wait for the boat from Oz, once here the install was really straight forward, if you follow the supplied instructions. One I had it centered in the space and bolted down I have no rattles except from some of my small loose items inside the drawers themselves. I do not hear any rattle for the drawer systems itself so far. As you can tell it has been a very productive weekend.

Who the heck is David? Is that Landcruiser Heaven?

That custom color should be a standard option. Looks perfect!

Very very nice.. That is one clean mean looking cruiser... Who sells the dash pad.. is that something you made with the pockets on the passenger side? Looks awesome.. I'd love to gt one.

@Manuelsv It is from Escape Gear out of South Africa. You can order from Equipt1, Paul May is a great guy to deal with. They are washable and will last a lifetime, well worth the wait and the cost.

@RFB I really like the drawers, you do lose some drawer space when compared to plywood boxes as the metal roller drawers do take more space from the drawer area. With that said they glide in and out like butter, seem to be well built. For the money I could not duplicate them myself. Fit and finish are on par with any ARB drawers that I have seen. I would buy them again if needed.

@Dubbinchris It is a standard Labs rear bumper with winch, The winch sits in the center and I have two receiver tubes on each side as gussets but they also work for my hitch. The hitch was the standard frame mounted hitch that we cut and modified to work with the twin receivers. It is an awesome setup and very stable when having any hitch mounted accessories, like my bike carrier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom