Bourbon. What are you drinking right now? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Disappointingly, we haven't tried it yet... It would've been great last night since we had steak and watched a drama afterward. Will try to get a sip tonight. Admittedly, we rarely drink Bourbon/Whiskey/Scotch, so my opinion will likely be off the mark... I love Bourbon but after missing several football games in college (tailgating at FSU was a huge deal), or vomiting in the stadium (in the stands, actually), my friends steered me toward gin/vodka and I could keep the party going all night. If that makes sense.

Ben a while once I’ve been on here....are you a Nole or Gator? Tailgating at FSU....best of times

Ben a while once I’ve been on here....are you a Nole or Gator? Tailgating at FSU....best of times
I was stationed in Tallahassee when I was in the Marines and I did my Undergrad at FSU. I went to UF for Grad School (MS and MBA) and actually spent more time there than at FSU. After Grad School, I moved to California, and squealed with glee when the Gators beat UCLA in 2006 and again in 2007. I deeply disliked the Southern California culture almost as much as Californians disliked the Gators. Wearing orange and blue made my coworkers angry; this brought me considerable joy and I've loved the Gators ever since.

Found a bottle of old forester birthday bourbon this year....it was $$$$ but figured since I didn’t get to celebrate my 40th in Hawaii, I could spend it on this :meh: really, really tasty

I was stationed in Tallahassee when I was in the Marines and I did my Undergrad at FSU. I went to UF for Grad School (MS and MBA) and actually spent more time there than at FSU. After Grad School, I moved to California, and squealed with glee when the Gators beat UCLA in 2006 and again in 2007. I deeply disliked the Southern California culture almost as much as Californians disliked the Gators. Wearing orange and blue made my coworkers angry; this brought me considerable joy and I've loved the Gators ever since.

Awesome! About the same route I took...undergrad FSU, MSM at UF, although I could never bring myself to pull for the Gators over the Noles. Maybe I should this year so I actually see some wins haha.

I've been offered a bottle of Blanton's gold for $340 but I think I'm going to pass....Someone local has offered to let me have a taste from their open bottle they brought back from Australia. Also saw a bottle of Blade & Bow 22 year at a local shop for $999.....crazy.

I've been offered a bottle of Blanton's gold for $340 but I think I'm going to pass....Someone local has offered to let me have a taste from their open bottle they brought back from Australia. Also saw a bottle of Blade & Bow 22 year at a local shop for $999.....crazy.

I have the blantons gold...really good stuff but that price is insane!!

What is a reasonable price?

Well, that depends...I think list price is right under $100...for me, I usually won’t go over double price, especially for the higher cost ones. Also would depend on how much you want it and what you can afford haha. There are also some that I love more than others, so that usually sways me. Smart to taste it first. If you absolutely love it and can afford it, I’d say to make yourself happy. :) I used to collect regularly (all to drink myself), but really have held off on the more rare finds unless I see it at a reasonable price, hoping one day ppl will forget about bourbon again and I can buy things at list price....wishful thinking. I am lucky that my local store keeps Buffalo trace on the shelf now so I have a good bourbon to drink daily.

Well, that depends...I think list price is right under $100...for me, I usually won’t go over double price, especially for the higher cost ones. Also would depend on how much you want it and what you can afford haha. There are also some that I love more than others, so that usually sways me. Smart to taste it first. If you absolutely love it and can afford it, I’d say to make yourself happy. :) I used to collect regularly (all to drink myself), but really have held off on the more rare finds unless I see it at a reasonable price, hoping one day ppl will forget about bourbon again and I can buy things at list price....wishful thinking. I am lucky that my local store keeps Buffalo trace on the shelf now so I have a good bourbon to drink daily.

Yes, I frequently go to Atlanta for work and BT is typically on the shelves. I'm actually going down this weekend and if anybody wants/needs some BT or has something else they would like me to look for, let me know. I'm sure we can get it up to Charlotte pretty easily to start....

Nice! How much??

too much. A little over $300, I was drinking Bloody Mary’s at the timeI ordered so it seemed like a deal at the time.

too much. A little over $300, I was drinking Bloody Mary’s at the timeI ordered so it seemed like a deal at the time.

I've done that far too often! Fortunately I was sober when offered opportunity to buy a bottle of Blanton's gold yesterday afternoon for $340, if it had come to me after 7pm it might have been a different story! My neighbor has offered to let me have a taste from his open bottle sometime soon! Think I'll reciprocate with some of this Golden Goodness! Anyone ever had it?
I'm actually taking it to a bourbon club white elephant gift exchange!
IMG_4064.jpg

second that! Where did you find it? Very hard to do so!
Its a site I order from pretty frequently. Caskers. They have a lot of good American Single Malts that you just can’t get around here. I’m not a huge thrill of the hunt guy, I’m more of a buy, drink, repeat guy

Its a site I order from pretty frequently. Caskers. They have a lot of good American Single Malts that you just can’t get around here. I’m not a huge thrill of the hunt guy, I’m more of a buy, drink, repeat guy

I actually ordered there a few times and they screwed me once...apparently BT comes in a tiny size bottle (375ml) and although I ordered the larger bottle and paid for the larger bottle, they said it was at the discretion of the store to send a bottle of any size because they were all considered ‘standard’ size. whatever that means. They are dead to me now. Haha.

You can't go wrong with a Weller ;)

56DC35CD-74FC-4416-A77B-6065DD4C9A7B.jpeg

sweet and sour

45931706-C876-4758-AF06-C19EE98B3DF8.jpeg

Found a retail Blantons at the Wingate ABC store

Great find! I heard they got some of that down there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom