Events/Trails Boulder City (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SNLC

OCD
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.snlandcruisers.com
So thinking about the next trip. We can chat about it in the next club meeting. July I am thinking simply because snow and elevation plus I need to put my next Cruiser on the road! 😁

It’s a long ways up there, 3hrs from Boise I would say to the trail head. Trailhead is 10 or so miles outside of Sun Valley. The trail is not that long, I would say 2-4hrs max if we stop a lot or have any problems. I have done it in about 45-1hr not stopping. It is super scenic though so nice to stop, take pics, have lunch and check things out on the trail. This trail is the Ouray of Idaho, absolutely stunning. A few slightly tough obstacles on the trail, rocks, a ledge or two, ect but there are bypasses for the most part. Lake at the top hung in the crags, small camp there but only room for couple trucks on level ground, 3-4max. Down below though at the old mining town of Boulder City plenty of large areas for a bigger group. I am sure some of you have been up there.

We could do it as an overnight but really it would probably be nicest as a 3-day trip so we have a day up there to explore and all that. Day up, day at camp/explore and day back. Coming back through Stanley is really nice for a “loop” but probably adds 2hrs to the return trip.

Looking for feedback on dates people could make for a 3-day trip in July and a possible head count.

Cheers

Last edited:
Pictures from going up last year.

A0418B2A-7E45-4EC9-B650-3158967C28DF.jpeg
CE066899-3EAA-4FC9-9164-222C4BE7F461.jpeg
13B4295E-CC69-4C37-BAC7-685694E4D345.jpeg

1CA27705-E8BA-45A0-8EE1-765AC94205E1.jpeg

736EBCF8-22CA-453A-8423-4E9BCACFA5D7.jpeg

Cheers

I am certainly interested!! I’m not sure mine will be trailer worthy by then, but I might just tag along on a quad to check it all out, as I want to get to that area.

Sounds like a must do! As far as July my property is supposed to close by the 10th and Drill weekend for me is the 11-12th. Any other time would be good for us.

Probably pushing this to August. I should have my 80 on the road by end of the month but will need to test, shake down and break in the new engine. Not to mention, lift + sliders + wheels/tires. As soon as it is on the road though, I will be going out nearly ever weekend.

By the way, I am thinking of going with FJCruiser 17” steelies. Anybody ran them on an 80? The tires I want are only available in a 17” wheel.

Cheers

End of August should be cooling down a little also right?

Maybe we should shoot for Labor Day weekend? You guys tell me.

My Cruiser will be on the road before then and ready to rock but I also got break in time as well as lift, tires, wheels, sliders and few other things I want to do to it before I call it "trail worthy".

However, I did BC last summer in a stock 80 with no diff locks on street tires, so it is doable either way.

It is a ways up there though (to the trailhead) and would be cool to spend a day up there at a base camp. If we got more than 2-4 trucks camping at the lake is not a go but just below the lake at the actual old mining town of Boulder City there is plenty of room for 10+ trucks. Spending a day there allows us to explore on the base camp day. Really cool area around the mining town to explore as well as up at the lake.

So what do you all think? A 3-day weekend up there? The trail may be busy going in and coming out but I seriously doubt we would have trouble finding camping for a large group and I also doubt there will be another group up there, maybe though on a holiday weekend? I don't know, Idaho has surprised me before on holiday weekends in the back country, meaning nobody out there.

On a separate note; I will be going out every weekend for at least day trips if not overnights once my Cruiser is on the road. I have just about blown my summer building it and also will need to break it in. Thinking a Robinson Hole trip in reverse as soon as it is road worthy which is August. Also may try and do a trip to Moab in early October. Nothing serious but some good wheeling and camping before winter sets in.

Cheers

I dont think I have anything planned for that labor day weekend right now. That would work for me.

I'm out of town for Labor Day, sorry I'm going to miss it. Robinson Hole in the Fall would be nice too.

Setting up the trip for September 26/27th, I sent out an email to the club group with details. Post here or contact me if you are not in the google group and want details.

Cheers

Dang. I've got another commitment on the 26th. Have fun!

Wish I could, but will still be in CA working on fire.

Any chance someone can capture the GPS track/route you take so can maybe I can follow route a few weeks from now? Also, let me know if any issues you see going solo.

Any chance someone can capture the GPS track/route you take so can maybe I can follow route a few weeks from now? Also, let me know if any issues you see going solo.

It’s got a few sections I wouldn’t want to do solo in an FJ40 that doesn’t have lockers and some sliders. There are bypasses but at least one is still tough, especially with no spotter.

I took 5-6 chassis hits Such as a couple on both diffs, radius arm, muffler, cat and rear sway bar.

Cheers

EF9AF74F-9B76-41A2-BCB4-96C8000849C2.jpeg

29C3B70E-3693-4B9C-A607-12C1B79E2FB6.jpeg

Looks like a good trip. Who is up for it when there is a little snow on the trail? Might make it more interesting.

Going this weekend.

Leaving at 4pm from the shop. Taking a backroad into Sun Valley. Grabbing dinner in Ketchum area. Hitting the trail hopefully around dark, we want to night wheel it. Will be camped up there till Sunday. Four trucks going.

I know its super last minute but anyone is welcome. I had been posting my trips to the club group but have had zero turnout for a year and more than a half dozen trips now. So.... 🤷🏼‍♂️

Meet us at the shop at 4pm or at the trailhead at around 9pm. We will air down either in the parking lot or right at the first creek crossing.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom