Bought my first hundy today in NC. '01 LX 470, no nav, no rust. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the tip, I actually used exactly this to look up the history before I even saw the thing. Man, I wish BMW had done something like that back when I was into those. That would have been great.

Also, 170k. California car.

My 2002 LX470 was a California car that I imported back here in North Carolina.
Black with tan interior like yours - exactly the color I was looking for, and still my favorite color combination.

I took the day off from work and my wife and very young daughter got up at 3 AM with me to drive 4.5 hours away to buy this thing and then we drove back. Getting the family hauler was a family adventure.

Congrats on what looks like a very fine rig! Also, I just love that this was a family event, surely something you will all remember for a lifetime, about as long as the truck will last you!
(Awesome avatar btw. Dope af.)

Good point. I don't usually make it over to Raleigh (South Durham has spoiled me, everything I need is within 10 mins) but I may need to make an excuse to head over there. Do you have a preferred shop around here?

Fred Anderson isn’t too far from South Durham. It’s beside the Angus Barn, order the parts, pick them up and stop in for a steak.

As for a preferred shop, I don’t really have one. I’ve had a little work done at Browns Automotive on Atlantic Ave in Raleigh. They have a Toyota certified mechanic. Other than that, i’ve done work and a very compentent neighbor has been there for me. Been very lucky.

There’s a few 100s in the RDU area. Maybe we should have a local support group.

Congrats on what looks like a very fine rig! Also, I just love that this was a family event, surely something you will all remember for a lifetime, about as long as the truck will last you!
(Awesome avatar btw. Dope af.)

Thanks, the Dr. Lexus avatar seemed natural for me since I love that movie.

The trip did go very well. Weather was good and the kid was surprisingly well-behaved. My wife knows that I have traveled for the "right" car previously so it wasn't a shock, but we've never done it together and certainly not with a kid before.

Im in chapel hill... Nice rig. Holler at me if you want help replacing the heater T's. Ive done em on 2 LC's. this is what I used:
https://www.amazon.com/Four-Seasons-84543-Heater-Fitting/dp/B000DCNGIS

Reminds me of the brass 3/4" sharkbite PEX T-fittings I used when I replaced all the pipes in our house. That will probably never die.

Fred Anderson isn’t too far from South Durham. It’s beside the Angus Barn, order the parts, pick them up and stop in for a steak.

There’s a few 100s in the RDU area. Maybe we should have a local support group.

You're right, I'm just bitching about driving 20 minutes when in reality I could just go pick up the parts and grab a beer with a friend. You're right it's next to the Angus Barn on 70, I just do my own steaks my own way so I hardly ever order one when I go out. I don't like to be disappointed ;)

You're saying there isn't a Raleigh/Durham support group? I mean, I'm sure some close friends quietly get together and sip bourbon while discussing the methods to (pay someone to) refinish the wood on their steering wheels and we don't know about it, but for the rest of us proletariat I'm surprised that there isn't a local support group.

ami car trip.jpg

Last edited:
My 2002 LX470 was a California car that I imported back here in North Carolina.
Black with tan interior like yours - exactly the color I was looking for, and still my favorite color combination.
No wonder why it took me so long to find a decent cruiser. Everybody from NC snapping them all up.:rofl:.. Nice looking Hundy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom