Bought my 1st Land Cruiser thanks to this forum! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What you think about you bring about, and what you focus on grows... That's what I've been telling myself for the last year, and for the last month I've been thinking about a gently used, low mileage, 2006-2007 100 series. I came across this forum, and someone posted a 2007 with just 114k miles on it from Denver. My wife and I flew out last Thursday and brought it back on Sunday.

I've tried to find that post to thank whoever who put it up, but I can't find it. Whoever you are, thanks a ton, this truck is badass!

Being a 10+ year Land Rover owner, I am a bit dissapointed in how little maintenance and how few repairs this will need ;)

Either way, I'll be reading though the stickies and all that before posting questions, and hopefully be posting a before/after thread with all of the upgrades we throw on her.

Happy to be here,
Nate

My condolences

(For the Land Rover ownership)

TOS

Joking aside - congrats on the purchase, seems like you found an absolute gem. I bet the whole flying out and driving back was a ton of fun too. What are you gonna do with it!?

i would normally "i'm sorry we got you into this" but i came from a LR also, you'll be fine! Its a different type of commitment now.

TOS

Joking aside - congrats on the purchase, seems like you found an absolute gem. I bet the whole flying out and driving back was a ton of fun too. What are you gonna do with it!?
Thanks man, here's a quick pic. I'm sure I'll be adding more over time. The drive back was great. We drove through CO, UT, ID, and back to Portland. I have an entire laundry list of wants, but I think this year I will add a 40 gal tank, more aggressive tires (I really like the Falken AT3Ws on my Disco). Steel bumpers and sliders, security film/tint (Again, I live in Portland), drawer system, frontrunner rack, and possibly a Tesla style screen, although I do like the factory setup. If I can mirror my phone, I may just keep it. Outside of that I do need new shocks and struts, and I am finiding more and more chips in the paint and scratches. Not sure what kind of recourse I have there. I may just have them filled, and coated, then wrap the entire truck to prevent additional scratches. We'll see, I'm just happy to have it, and am not married to any ideas yet.

IMG_2791.jpg

Congratulations! And welcome to MUD!

I've tried to find that post to thank whoever who put it up, but I can't find it. Whoever you are, thanks a ton, this truck is badass!
Congrats on the new purchase!

This one?

Thanks man, here's a quick pic. I'm sure I'll be adding more over time. The drive back was great. We drove through CO, UT, ID, and back to Portland. I have an entire laundry list of wants, but I think this year I will add a 40 gal tank, more aggressive tires (I really like the Falken AT3Ws on my Disco). Steel bumpers and sliders, security film/tint (Again, I live in Portland), drawer system, frontrunner rack, and possibly a Tesla style screen, although I do like the factory setup. If I can mirror my phone, I may just keep it. Outside of that I do need new shocks and struts, and I am finiding more and more chips in the paint and scratches. Not sure what kind of recourse I have there. I may just have them filled, and coated, then wrap the entire truck to prevent additional scratches. We'll see, I'm just happy to have it, and am not married to any ideas yet.
Definitely do some research on that. From what I've skimmed in the Tesla posts, there is a bit of buyers remorse. I don't have one but from what I've gathered there is little support, its riddled with bugs, with people constantly hoping for the next update to fix their issues. I kept my unit as a little reminder that it is a '06 and have the bluetooth connectivity with the BT TOY adapter. Some people prefer the Grom unit for the touchscreen features.

Looks like you have big plans! Excited for the build.

No doubt! I'm keeping the rover though. She'll make a great duck hunting truck.
And when it breaks down out in the boonies, your wife can come rescue you!

Woot, that's a beauty, great find!!

Congratulations and welcome to the fray! No judgement on the LR, they're equally as iconic and fun, just not nearly as reliable. As some have pointed out, once you have your truck baselined you are going to have a lot more time on your hands and will get to work on improvements rather than repairs. Enjoy your beast!

Woot, that's a beauty, great find!!

Congratulations and welcome to the fray! No judgement on the LR, they're equally as iconic and fun, just not nearly as reliable. As some have pointed out, once you have your truck baselined you are going to have a lot more time on your hands and will get to work on improvements rather than repairs. Enjoy your beast!
Absolutey. It's going to be a great summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom