Bought an '02 LC today (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wondered if this truck would show up on here. I was talking with the seller, the rust scared me off.

Should be a good truck once you get the details squared up!

I did not. I needed some more pictures from the seller before coming out from Detroit. He seemed as if that was a bother to him, so I didn’t chase it any further

I did not. I needed some more pictures from the seller before coming out from Detroit. He seemed as if that was a bother to him, so I didn’t chase it any further
You probably didn't miss much. It's sort of an unfinished project. There definitely is rust. Some stuff I'll probably cut up and weld myself and other things I'll leave to a body shop.

This the bracket I am trying to find a part # for. I need it for the passenger side.
PXL_20210403_022643342-X2-M.jpg

This the bracket I am trying to find a part # for. I need it for the passenger side.
PXL_20210403_022643342-X2-M.jpg
Search Partsouq for the P/N then search on ebay. Something like this is not generally stocked though.

Search Partsouq for the P/N then search on ebay. Something like this is not generally stocked though.

Thanks! I did figure out from that site that it's part of 53903-60070. The reason I can't break it down further is because it's spot welded to the larger strip of metal. I assumed otherwise from a cursory glance as all the other connections are 10mm bolts.​

Now I am starting to wonder if I made a mistake purchasing this example. I was hearing a clink sound from the driver side front and when going over certain types of rough road. I got under there and saw the sway bar end link was very loose.

I picked up two new end links at AutoZone. The driver side one was difficult to get the lower bolt moving. I get to the passenger side and it goes much better but I now notice the bracket where the sway bar mounts to the frame is snapped off. It at least looks like all of it is still there though. I think it could be welded back but probably would have passed on this vehicle if had noticed it.

And I still hear the front end clink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom