Bought a pig today! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks really nice.... rust doesn't look too bad. You will have many hours of fun learning about the many different ways people have changed things from stock.

Thanks for the warm welcome! The rust isn't too bad compared to others I have seen. But it's bad enough for me :). I dug out all the epoxy the PO used on the backseat floorboard yesterday. This is what I have left.

FloorboardRepair3.jpg

Starting the patching process until I can get a replacemet floorboard. I think it's gonna need it.

Wow... looks like the PO hid the rust pretty good... those original pics didn't look too bad. I reviewed your other thread as well, and it looks like you have your work cut out for you, but the sense of satisfaction you'll get when you're done patching and painting will make up for it.

Like others have mentioned, welding really isn't that difficult if using MIG (or GMAW... whatever term you prefer) with gas... it's almost like having a glue gun for steel. I just picked up a welder yesterday in anticipation of doing body repairs on my pig that should be here next week.

A welder is a bit spendy for an acceptable-quality unit, but after making the first few repairs it will have paid for itself... custom welding fabrication isn't cheap. Plus I've wanted a welder for years and finally had a good excuse to buy one (well, one that the minister of finance agreed with anyway). :D

Good luck. I can't wait to see your progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom