Bought a FJ62! Pictures and a couple of questions... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just bought a 1990 FJ62... 140,000 orig miles, orig paint, NO rust AT ALL, not even surface rust underneath..

IMGP1132.jpg

IMGP1134.jpg

IMGP1135.jpg

IMGP1136.jpg

New carpet throughout and possibly new seat upholstery (looks factory). Looks like 4 Runner rims?? Chrome is near perfect as well.

Drivers power window is inop, I can hear the auto-down relay (green box) clicking when I actuate the switch. Is there ANYPLACE to get a replacement or is the relay repairable, possibly?? Also, troubleshooting for the inop power antenna??

This is my 4th LC. 1972 FJ55, 1978 FJ40, 1983 FJ60, and now this one.

Thanks!

Beautiful rig.

Call CDan at American Toyota for the window parts
(or use search function for symptoms/fixes)

You might pull a wheel and see if spacers are being used
those modern rims look like they may be utilizing spacers
and you may want to check out their status.

Looks like it's time for an OME lift and some 33's

Very nice. What did you pay if you don't mind asking?
Try cruiserparts.net for your parts. I have had good luck with them.

Nice rig! Find a good shop drop the tras. pan and clean filter and flush system. Then change ALL fluids,repack front bearings,drive it another100,000 miles! Mike

Pull the door panel (driver side) and make sure that the motor isn't at fault. The relay is fairly expensive new - you can see if SOR has a used one (or cruiserparts.net or others).

The antenna is an easy replacment - remove the washer reservoir for access. Again, a new unit is kind of pricey so you may want to consider a non-motorized replacement.

Really nice looking truck - love the no rust feature.

Congrats.

Beautiful rig.

Call CDan at American Toyota for the window parts
(or use search function for symptoms/fixes)

You might pull a wheel and see if spacers are being used
those modern rims look like they may be utilizing spacers
and you may want to check out their status.

Looks like it's time for an OME lift and some 33's

Maybe an OME lift in due time!! Haven't checked for spacers, and I didn't even think about that... I'll pull one off next week and check. Thanks.

Very nice. What did you pay if you don't mind asking?
Try cruiserparts.net for your parts. I have had good luck with them.

Paid $5000. I am sure I stole it at that price, has a couple of small dings here and there, but overall a beautiful truck. Need to replace A/C compressor, and work through a couple of electrical problems. Already reset the power door lock CB, now on to the drivers window relay and antenna.

Nice rig! Find a good shop drop the tras. pan and clean filter and flush system. Then change ALL fluids,repack front bearings,drive it another100,000 miles! Mike

Will get everything drained and checked next week.

Pull the door panel (driver side) and make sure that the motor isn't at fault. The relay is fairly expensive new - you can see if SOR has a used one (or cruiserparts.net or others).

The antenna is an easy replacment - remove the washer reservoir for access. Again, a new unit is kind of pricey so you may want to consider a non-motorized replacement.

Really nice looking truck - love the no rust feature.

Congrats.

Thanks, I had the door panel off already and I think its the relay and not the motor. I'll hot wired the motor to be sure though. Yea the no rust sold me on this FJ62, but its been well taken care of and it shows.

welcome

Great 62, congrats! Rarely do you find one so clean with the bottom door moulding still on. The paint is immaculate!

Get a transmission cooler. It will prolong the life of your A440F transmission. I did a mini write-up on it and there's one in the FAQ section too. pm me if you have any questions about trany cooler installation.

Great 62, congrats! Rarely do you find one so clean with the bottom door moulding still on. The paint is immaculate!

Get a transmission cooler. It will prolong the life of your A440F transmission. I did a mini write-up on it and there's one in the FAQ section too. pm me if you have any questions about trany cooler installation.

Thats a great idea about a tranny cooler. I'll look for your writeup. Thanks.

Good looking truck.

Nice looking truck. You might want to lift the carpet along the sides and see if any leaks have caused rust. Also look under the big plastic plugs in the middle of where the foot boards slope up in the front. Judging from the license plate, it might rain where you live. My 62 had more rust on the inside than the outside.

Nice looking truck. You might want to lift the carpet along the sides and see if any leaks have caused rust. Also look under the big plastic plugs in the middle of where the foot boards slope up in the front. Judging from the license plate, it might rain where you live. My 62 had more rust on the inside than the outside.

I'll take a look, thanks.

That's a pretty rig! I don't have suggestions for you as I just got mine about three weeks ago. I come from the 4Runner world so this is all new to me. I like the suggestions on this thread for sure!! Anyway, great find!! If you source the parts, share with everyone! :clap:

Nice 62! If it's anything at all like mine, it's as slow as an old mule and drinks fuel like a wino!! Mine also leaks oil and seems to always have it's hands in my wallet. I'm sure I've sent enough money to American Toyota to have netted Cruiser Dan a generous bonus by now.

In spite of it all, I love my Cruiser.

Best mod yet is the OME springs.

Yeah you stole that one for sure!! I saw it on Craigslist for like $7k and some change. Sounds like the PO was looking for some quick cash. :cheers:

Yeah you stole that one for sure!! I saw it on Craigslist for like $7k and some change. Sounds like the PO was looking for some quick cash. :cheers:

The guy wanted $7900, didnt know really what he had. Had only owned for about 6 months. He owns a small construction company and I think the economy is taking its toll. Needs A/C compressor and a handful of little things, and a set of tires soon. But it looks to be pretty much original (has new radiator and alternator) and rust free. Those two issues were most important to me. The relatively low miles (140k) was a definite plus.

It's so clean! oooh, ahhhh. Congrats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom