Bought a 93 land cruiser - first post (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

Lurker who recently purchased my first FZJ80, a triple locked 1993 cruiser with 300,000 miles and counting. Any tips for preventative maintenance? And are there any shops you guys in the Seattle area trust to work on your cruisers other than Torfab (since they're booked out so far)?

So far the car has a 2.5 inch lift kit, 35" tires, and rebuilt knuckles which are still leaking a bit. Other than some steering wobble at 70mph, it drives like a dream. Currently working on installing an OME steering stab.

IMG_9585.jpg

IMG_9569.jpg

Welcome!
Nice truck, don't recall seeing that one listed locally. Where did you buy it? I am down South and do mos of my own work but have a mechanic if the job is to intense or requires a lift/shop.

Torfab is booked out so far because they are good at what they do and especially Land Cruisers.

Go with them if possible.

A steering stabilizer will not fix a wobble at 70 mph.

Look at tie rod ends, knuckle studs on the bottom for steering arm attachment, track bar bushings and hardware, tighten all suspension hardware to specs.

Welcome!
Nice truck, don't recall seeing that one listed locally. Where did you buy it? I am down South and do mos of my own work but have a mechanic if the job is to intense or requires a lift/shop.

Saw a clean car with triple lockers and had to have it. I think it was listed for a day max, somewhere in Kent.

Torfab is booked out so far because they are good at what they do and especially Land Cruisers.

Go with them if possible.

A steering stabilizer will not fix a wobble at 70 mph.

Look at tie rod ends, knuckle studs on the bottom for steering arm attachment, track bar bushings and hardware, tighten all suspension hardware to specs.

Yeah just installed a new OME steering stab and shocks - almost no change to the wobble. There's steering shake at 55mph which goes away at 60 and turns into body shake by 70. I'll take a look at the things you suggested, might get the wheels balanced as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom