Bought a 91 FJ80. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Found A "deal" on a 91 FJ80 this past Thursday, looks rough but the price was ok, $1200. Drove it home and it was all fine, then drove it to Octavio's shop to have him make me a front bumper, as I was parking it outside the truck died. It cranks over but no spark. Changed igniter, coil, checked for voltage and all is good but still no spark. What a great start for this 80.

Well its a not so uncommon issue with the 3FE 80s. I've read about it a few times but dont remember the issue as I rock the 1FZ but search should get you the answer.

It’s either fuel or spark:

Spark:
Spark plugs
Distributor
Coil/Igniter
ECU

Fuel:
Fuel Pump
Clogged filter
Clogged lines
Fuel Pressure Regulator
Injectors

If you get a check engine light when you have the key turned on then your ECU is good.
Fuel Pump can be checked via diagnostics box by shorting two terminals (see your FSM.)
The rest is just time consuming, been there, done that, and it sucks.

check the EFI Main relay!

Finished rewiring the truck and now just have to buy a new gasket, install all the parts that I disconnected, and find out if this thing decides to fire up again. I called PO and said never had similar problem when he owned it.

Update on my saga, after much hard work and help from friends and Octavio62, the 80 is on the road, Drove it to work today with no issues. Gonna have a tube front bumper and rock slides built for it and hit the desert for some wheeling. Also thinking of getting rid of the fender flares and herculine it after seeing an 80 like that.

Here is a pic of it.

PICT0069.jpg

Nice....I like 80's.....Hey, don't forget about the Off-road Expo...October 10th.....You guys going to the October TrailCrew meeting? Oct 1

Its in my calendar and also have some $2 off coupons, I will be at the meeting this time around.

Nice....I like 80's.....Hey, don't forget about the Off-road Expo...October 10th.....You guys going to the October TrailCrew meeting? Oct 1

Its in my calendar and also have some $2 off coupons, I will be at the meeting this time around.

$2 off is good. Their website offers $10 tickets if you buy them online, but then...get this, they charge you a convenience fee! where is the savings!?:flipoff2:

Took the 80 out to Johson Valley this Saturday
Enjoyed some light duning and taggin along with the Rock Brawlers, Also ran into this FJ80, with 4" spacers, locked front and read and with 5.29's, rear door was welded.

PICT0058.jpg

PICT0128.jpg

PICT0112-1.jpg

Are you going to install some sort of flooring to the Conferr roof rack? If so, what are you going to use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom