Bought a 72 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've also seen brochures with bezels upside down.

This rig HAS been repainted but in the original color thankfully and only on the outside. I believe this is Rustic Green - Code 621. One good thing about this little old gal is that she has her Tool Kit and Jack!

StaleAle said:
They are mounted tall side closest to the windshield so that the wiper arms don't touch the hood.

Aahhh. Time to turn mine around!

Nice 40 Overton!

image-2935776828.jpg
image-2935776828.jpg

second fix required: wiper stop switch :doh:

Rear view mirror was available for both sides. I thought it was standard, but might be an option?

The emission service manual does not show any different CA or Fed version of cruiser emissions for 1972 F engine. Looks like 74-80 does have a different calibration for CA-spec.

Elbow grease

The rig came in a few days early and we had a beautiful day today to spend a little time scrubbing and cleaning her up and making a few improvements. I'm guessing this 72 was ordered without a radio (note the continuous lower dash pad) and then somewhere along the way they mounted a stock radio in the dash and moved some of the original instruments. There are a few do-nothing knobs but overall a very solid rust free truck that looks pretty respectable.
IMG_2082.jpg
IMG_2079.jpg
IMG_2090.jpg

nice :cool:

overton said:
Does the center section of the front seat fold forward? If so what's the trick?

Nope. It's fixed upright in a 72.

overton said:
I'm thinking in 1972 Toyota did not have a outside mirror on the passenger side, is that correct?

The passenger side mirror was standard.

Does the center section of the front seat fold forward? If so what's the trick?

. n o .

there is no trick, it doesn't fold

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom