Builds Bought a 1983 FJ60 and Snowballing Real Quick (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
New member here. I recently bought a 1983 FJ60 and snowballing fast in to a restoration. I initially wanted something I could buy and drive while I slowly worked on it. Two months later, exterior is striped and interior had been removed. Just bolts away from a possible frame off.

The 60 was covered in rhino/bed liner which i should of walked away from. It was hard to tell with the liner how good of shape the exterior was. The interior was in pretty good shape however it was not my style. After test driving it, it was mechanically sound, engine started right up on a cold start and transmission felt good.

Currently got the brakes replaced all around and tie rod ends have also been replaced. Got new wheels and tires. Now getting it ready for paint.
IMG_20190620_103752_023.jpg
IMG_20190719_113116_288.jpg
IMG_20190719_113116_290.jpg
IMG_20190813_161131_811.jpg

Wow. Wow. Whatever cruiser gods are up there will reward you for all of that work. That's commitment. Awesome! Can't wait to see!

Sorry here....hope this was not purchased from a friend or anything, but damn.....who would do that to a 60 series? I mean seriously, what the hell here? Hurts to look at. Glad you are getting it back in shape. As mentioned above......that's commitment. Your 60 (and mud) thanks you.

Hilarious, I almost think I remember the guy posting photos of this truck maybe on Facebook. That color you can’t forget. I love yellowy orange but I do remember thinking it was a bit much! What a way to ruin a grill too.
GL!

I feel for you on removing that crap.
I had to do this on the hood and every panel on the sides where I fixed the rust. It is a complete nightmare and I would not want to wish it on my worst enemy.

Last edited:
Thanks for saving!

I know what you mean, I am spending every evening on mine that I thought would be a slow minor build up but it's turning into a major restoration.

i could've lived with the great pumpkin theme, but to see those brodozer rims gone was a godsend. that was just sacrilege.
what are the new rims by the way?

Sorry here....hope this was not purchased from a friend or anything, but damn.....who would do that to a 60 series? I mean seriously, what the hell here? Hurts to look at. Glad you arere be it back in shape. As mentioned above......that's commitment. Your 60 (and mud) thanks you.
My son bought a nice 62 that was rhino lined. He is an air craft mechanic and having slow but sure results with a heat gun. Who would do it to a solid rust free is beyond me lol. I will add that it would have been a 10k purchase in Austin last year that he got for 6500 and looks like a ton of elbow grease. Two tons more likely...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom