Both rear brakes binding (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've released the handbrakes and replaced the discs and pads and greased the bound up slider pins, Im just about to order a pair of brake calipers but thought i would ask if anyone has any suggestions or obvious things i've missed before i get them.

Just to clarify, both sides are running hot and squeeking. not full on binding.

thanks

I've released the handbrakes and replaced the discs and pads and greased the bound up slider pins, Im just about to order a pair of brake calipers but thought i would ask if anyone has any suggestions or obvious things i've missed before i get them.

Just to clarify, both sides are running hot and squeeking. not full on binding.

thanks
Stuck caliper pistons is one of the cause. Cause of squeaking could be low quality brake pads and shims.
Recently, I replaced a caliper, rotor and pad on front left side and I noticed it was getting more hot than the one that I didn't replace. I rotated the wheel by hand and it was harder to rotate by hand in comparison to other wheels. But after couple days of driving it stopped getting hot.

Its been on for 3 months and still binding, not every time which is what i would expect.. ill strip them off tomorrow and check the shims. thanks

Its been on for 3 months and still binding, not every time which is what i would expect.. ill strip them off tomorrow and check the shims. thanks
Make sure your handbrake shoe adjustment isn't too tight. Lift both of the rear wheels up, put the car in neutral, rotate each wheel by hand to check that the handbrake shoes aren't binding. Toyota handbrakes aren't too effective.

Make sure your handbrake shoe adjustment isn't too tight. Lift both of the rear wheels up, put the car in neutral, rotate each wheel by hand to check that the handbrake shoes aren't binding. Toyota handbrakes aren't too effective.
The handbrake was my first thought, ive completely backed the handbrake off to eliminate it, and still the same. im thinking its either both calipers sticking or something stupid i've done.

Rebuild vs new, rebuild kit can be had for cheaper. But depends on the condition of the calipers.

I opted to go new on our tundra, due to the bleeder screw being stuck and a bit more rust that I prefer. The cost of new was 2x what the rebuild kit was, so made it easier to justify.

In the past, I've just rebuilt.

Rebuild vs new, rebuild kit can be had for cheaper. But depends on the condition of the calipers.

I opted to go new on our tundra, due to the bleeder screw being stuck and a bit more rust that I prefer. The cost of new was 2x what the rebuild kit was, so made it easier to justify.

In the past, I've just rebuilt.
I'll check out the prices mate, thanks for that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom