Both front seats will go forward, but not aft.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wayne

Bought by His blood, kept by His power
Threads
A white plastic threaded plug, that requires a phillips screwdriver, has come out of both front seat mechanisms, causing the seat to become inoperable going aft.

The threads are stripped off the passenger side plug and the driver's side has just loosened up and fell out.

Anybody else ever experience this? What's the cure (so they won't back out again)?

Wayne S

I've had both passenger and driver side plugs fall out. plugs must be re-installed one way or another. I drilled a very small hole through the threads edge and inserted a metal dowell (made from paper clip) tostop the backing out.

He he he he.......

Are ya getting shorter????????

exrrover said:
I've had both passenger and driver side plugs fall out. plugs must be re-installed one way or another. I drilled a very small hole through the threads edge and inserted a metal dowell (made from paper clip) tostop the backing out.

That's a good idea - I've got one waiting to go on myself...

thats a great idea ex ive had both of mine fall out, and i lost the passerger side cap, posted a thread a little while ago asking for the part number or if anyone knows how to get a hold of these pesky little pieces but had no luck.

wayne screw em back in and youre good to go, if tracks are crooked you might have to take the seat out and manually spin the rods to line it up then screw the cap in and put the seat back in, and i recomend using ex's idea and making some kind of anchor to prevent it from coming out again.

I don't have the username with me...but I bought new caps and gears for my seats...$30 fixed both seats. There are two gears and caps on each seat but typically only one comes out and enables the gears to strip. If your caps were out for any length of time it is more than likely only a matter of time before you need to replace the gears. The job is very easy to do, but you do need to remove the seats...about 20 minutes per seat once they're removed. Way better than having Toyota service charge a few hundred dollars or more to fix it.

x2 - They work AWESOME

MUD username is "Nakman" and he has a thread in the vendor section as well

Stop using the seats until you replace the plastic screws or you'll be needing to get the gears as well and be in for more work...

A small dab of superglue on the edge of the plug after installed should hold it in place nicely...Not sure why you would ever want to remove these anyway so might as well keep 'em in there so they can't vibrate out :steer:

x3 - Great fix, quick delivery.

I did not have a vice and used "C" clamp, it's a little harder but does the job. Have to make sure that the end caps are installed before you install gear assembly and tested. Otherwise the threaded shaft will strip the gear. Good idea with super glue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom