Bosch 4 Hole Fuel Injectors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone here running these Bosch or any other “4 hole” injector? I’ve only found a couple posts, the main one mainly about troubleshooting wiring of the injectors. Links to the injectors and post below.

If you are looking for a 4 hole injector I would go with these.

Slightly larger flow rate but nothing that would trigger a CEL.
Have you had luck with these?

I haven't installed these in any truck. And to be honest I'm not sure how much of an improvement you can expect to realize either. But they should drop in and work fine and for the price they would be cheaper than having your stock set cleaned and balanced. Not to mention limited down time as you wouldn't have to wait for your cleaned injectors to be shipped back.

Has anybody figured out whether the Bosch 4 hole Fuel Injector are working fine on their rig? I have one burned out injector and am at a crossroads. Any help will do.

Thanks, Elreydlm

Has anybody figured out whether the Bosch 4 hole Fuel Injector are working fine on their rig? I have one burned out injector and am at a crossroads. Any help will do.

Thanks, Elreydlm
They’ve been running fine for me the last 6 months. Perhaps slightly smoother idle.

So from the eBay listening that’s coming up now from the link is for
1989-1992 Toyota Cressida 3.0L L6

1989-1992 Toyota Supra 3.0L L6

Part Number(s):

23250-70080

is this the ones that will work?

Bumping this to see if anyone is running these Cruiser Parts injectors. Was going to send my 262k OEM injectors to RC for clean/balance, but these are only a few bucks more.

I’ve been running them for over a year now. No issues, maybe slightly better idle. Couldn’t tell difference in power, but that’s also at > 8000’.

Bumping this to see if anyone is running these Cruiser Parts injectors. Was going to send my 262k OEM injectors to RC for clean/balance, but these are only a few bucks more.

Thanks, Elreydlm

Gonna order mine from Osidetiger for $210. They say they are using the new 12 hole injectors.

N02.11.D.6
220cc Osidetiger's custom remanufactured 11mm Aison high impedance fuel injectors: 6cyl w/ Toyota connectors

You might want to read through these two threads and watch the video about 4 vs 12 hole injector swaps for actual dyno comparison testing data:

Spoiler Alert: The 4 was equal to the 12 and the surprising improvent was actually keeping the stock paper filter vs aftermarket air filters.

Last edited:
The video stated a difference in single vs multi hole injectors with motor cycles. I did similar testing some years back on my 20k mile, 04 TJ on the dyno at my work. The TJ comes with a single hole injector and I swapped over to a 5 hole. The WOT power wasn't much different but what I was looking for was low end torque curve.

The single hole had a rough idle and a slight hesitation when you gave it slow throttle from 0% to 25%. The other issue was emissions. The amount of waisted fuel was horrifying. You could see that in the oil report from Blackstone. The injectors destroyed the oil. Comparing in the injector tester showed the single hole was more of a squirt gun and the 5 hole a fine mist.

End result was, oil cleaned up, idle smoothed out, torque curve wasn't as jumpy in the lower half, emissions were better and surprisingly I actually picked up a little over 1 mpg.

Even though I haven't tried an injector with even more holes on my Cruiser, his dyno results are what I expected. As the guy in the video stated, the fuel hits the intake valve and negates any real difference between 4 and 12 hole injectors. If we had direct injection, the results may have been different.

The K&N test was interesting. I'm at a trade tech and some of lab work the students do is, bolt on a "cold air" intake and cat back exhaust, then compare dyno results vs stock. The factory intake can have small chambers on the sides. This is to smooth out the turbulence caused by the intake valves. At a certain RPM this turbulence can resonate (vibrate) so hard it slows the airflow. These baffles act like accumulators (mufflers) and keep the air stream smooth.

Science aside. What this meant was, with the "cold air" intake installed, somewhere in the torque curve the vibrations got so bad, the torque flattened out and sometimes actually went down. Then as the rpm went past the flat spot, the torque shot up. This gives you that seat of the pants hard acceleration mid way in the power band. But you didn't make more torque and most lost around 7 hp. The stock intake was a smooth even torque curve.

My guess on the K&N test would be, the intake is tuned to flow at a certain rate and the K&N increases it enough to allow the turbulence. Not too much to notice but, enough to show on a dyno.

Last edited:
Hi, I guess I’ve never had problems with the Toyota ones. On my 80 they are original with 400,000 miles. I do use Mobil 1 and change the oil every 3,000 miles. Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom