Bosal vs. Magnaflow...you decide. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

iptman

SILVER Star
Threads
IMG_5901.JPG
IMG_5902.JPG
IMG_5903.JPG
IMG_5904.JPG
IMG_5905.JPG
I'm replacing my exhaust and decided to go with the Magnaflow Y-pipe and custom over the frame on back. Here's some side by side shots of the Magnaflow and the Bosal y pipes. Pretty big difference in quality.

Last edited:
They sell it all over the Inter-web but I got it at Summit since they ship same day and also for free. The prices were the same no matter where I looked. I believe all Magnaflow stainless is grade 409. I'm going to ceramic coat this as well as my manifolds with Cerakote C-7600 so hopefully this is the last time I have to mess with it for a long while.

23120. They also have a direct fit second cat but I'm going without. If you go on the Magnaflow website they have a pretty good search tool to find parts for a specific vehicle. Both cats are turned horizontal versus vertical for the OEM cats.

How long did you have you Bosal installed?

How long did you have you Bosal installed?

The PO installed it in September of 2011 and he lived in Southern VA where they don't get much snow. So that's not quite 3 years and 25k miles of wear.

IMG_5905 NSFW : )

I'm not far from needing this. I don't know what y is on mine, it may be factory. It cracked under the clamp. I welded it back to fix the leak but I have another leak at the o2 sensors. Autozone sells the bosal and one other, might be magnaflow. Rest of my exhaust is pieced together and actually only have one cat but it's passed smog.
Looking forward to a report on how it fits and to see your over frame.

This might be a stupid question but is there a torque spec for the manifold studs going in to the head or the 4 studs in the manifolds going to the Y pipe? I thought I remember seeing a torque spec for the steering arm studs but I couldn't find anything in the FSM for the manifold studs.

I'm assuming this won't work on a 1994, correct? I also noticed there is only one bung for the O2 sensor....do the 95-97 only run one O2 sensor? I'm looking for a downpipe replacement for my EMS system and don't really want to go custom.

I'm assuming this won't work on a 1994, correct? I also noticed there is only one bung for the O2 sensor....do the 95-97 only run one O2 sensor? I'm looking for a downpipe replacement for my EMS system and don't really want to go custom.

I'm sure it'll fit on a 94. Whether or not it will work is a different story. OBDII requires 2 O2 sensors, one before the cat, one after. When I get the custom cat-back done I'll give them the O2 bung I bought from Slee to weld on post cat.

If you don't have to have it to pass emissions testing, you can delete the PAIR system and move your o2 sensors to the exhaust manifold on 93/94.

I have to pass emissions where I live. It's exempt though if the vehicle is 25yrs or older.

Does anyone know if this Magnaflow downpipe will work for a 94? I could always have someone weld in a 2nd bung for me.

Just out of curiosity, why did you get the Magnaflo instead of the Walker? Both are stainless steel. The Walker is almost $80 cheaper. The reviews I read stated that the Magnaflo and Bosal did not quite fit right on some trucks. All of the Walker reviews I found stated that they fit perfect.(granted, I only found a few reviews on the Walker)

I have the Bosal muffler it fit just fine for me...But it does have a bit of a drone to it,I dont mind it...maybe because I dont have the coffee can at the end of the pipe...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom