Bosal Exhaust Installation - Help Please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Irish Reiver

GOLD Star
SILVER Star
Threads
I picked up a new Bosal exhaust system from Rockauto. It came with the magnaflow down pipe/cat which was a nice bonus but in fairness the overall quality of the rest of the system looks top notch.
The problem I have is that every joint has some degree of exhaust leak - except the joint between the two cats. I used the bosal flange gaskets that came with the kit and everything is bolted up tight. Not sure if I need to slacken everything off and try to reposition the joints or if utilising some exhaust paste would help. do I now need new gaskets?
Any suggestions on how to move forward with this?

I find it's best to use toyota dounut gaskets at every joint, regardless of what pipes you're running. I've done magnaflow, bosal, OEM and several combinations thereof.

I've used copper exhaust gasket material, but it's always temporary at best.

I just finished another Bosal install. I'd recommend using the OEM donut gasket, it works, every time. For every other joint I use the same tape posted above and have no issues at all over a 2 or more years. Always use the OEM gasket. Bosal is great overall IMHO. YMMV :cool:

I agree with Tim. When i used the OEM gaskets i had no leaks without having to use any of paste sealer. The bosal exhaust system is pretty good quality with zero fitment issues.

Did you first fit it up with shipped gaskets (pull up cold as they say in the piping industry) and let the heat remove the secondary stresses before unbolting and applying the sealer?
Yep.

Did you guys fit the weight thing on the tail pipe from the OEM exhaust? I guess it is there to change some resonance. Not sure if it is tuned for the OEM exhaust specifically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom