Borrow/beg/steal a steering wheel for a 99? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,
I have a lead on a new place to recover steering wheels in Poland of all places and I'd like to get my cruiser wheel done. The bad news is that they are slow, 5-6 weeks. Does anyone have a wheel I could borrow while I get mine recovered?

I'd gladly pay all shipping involved.

Alternatively, any leads on a cheap wheel to buy that I can use for a while and then sell? It just has to be functional. ebay doesn't have anything when I look Any other cars that might work?

Appreciate all help.

Thanks,
Pete
1999 land cruiser.

Check eBay. Services will sell you reconditioned steering wheels and you have to send back the core. I.e. Your old one. Very good prices. I got a wood OEM replacement.

Use a 8O series one or a 70 series one if you don't want the air bag

1. Search. There is a thread on here with two reputable companies in the US that do this for reasonable prices along with one sponsoring member on MUD that also offers this service. It takes as little as 1-week of down time if you overnight to them and have it overnighted back to you - as long as you're in the US... Price range w/ overnight is about $400 or so before you add on any extra options. If you buy from the MUD member, they have wheels in stock for $400, no core fees, and you just ship your wheel to them once you swap them out.

2. Search. You CANNOT just use any toyota wheel. There is an interface point with the clock spring that you will need to consider. If you want to use your airbag, then you will need a 1998-2001 land cruiser steering wheel. It can be a HDJ (Diesel) or UZJ (Gas), but it must be from those years of Land Cruiser.

3. Search (Hint: Leather Steering Wheel Cover) as this has all been covered recently.

Hi all, Thanks for the comments. I have searched quite a bit. I have also been watching ebay off and on for 6 months. It seems like the plain early 100 series steering wheels are very hard to come by and expensive when they are available.
Yes, there is a place in Dallas and a guy here on this list (bamachem?) that offer wheel services. The Poland option is interesting in that the product is top notch and the prices are quite reasonable.

Thanks for the suggestion to use the 80 series wheel. Will I need to reset any airbag lights if I run without the airbag for a while?

Pete

UPDATE: Found one at a wrecking yard mentioned in one of the other threads.. Thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom