borrow a chain saw? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
we are heading up to the Jemez this weekend and plan to explore a road where I saw a good size dead fall last year. anyone have a chainsaw I can borrow?

Maybe @Poupon can hit up Frank.
If mine wasn't in pieces in a milk crate you'd be welcome to it. Another thing on my spring to do list that never got done.
Have fun!

good thinking! I can hit up Frank, he live 2 mins from me.

Mine is running but none of my chains are sharp...let me know if you need it

I think I have one lined up to pick up tonight. I'll let you know if there's a problem.

I have one too; where you headed? We'll be out doing trail work on the north side off of 10. If we're in the same area we can meet up and maybe lend one another a hand.

Oh, and a heads up, FR 376 is CLOSED from Gilman Tunnels to Porter landing.

we are going up 4 to 126. then out to fr117, moon canyon. there's a short spur off 117 that we want to explore. I have the chainsaw from a coworker. I'll put up some more details later. heading up tomorrow.

we didn't go camping since the weather started turning. Jill and I did go up yesterday on a day trip and found the road we were going to clear had been done already. probably by hunters last fall, there was no camping evidence. but the meadow up there looks perfect for it. a great gatekeeper is on the first climb. mostly ATV's are going up there.

we explored another old road and nearly got into trouble on it. it suddenly got VERY slick and no place to turn around. the first turn around spot I couldn't get the truck to leave the road. like I said, very slick. we made it back up the road with the great Duratrac tires and some judicious throttle. only to find the main road out had gotten lots of rain and was slick where it wasn't when we came in and 2 trucks parked nearly too far into the road. cleared them and got sucked into a huge rut off the road. backed up and throttled out of the rut to almost be passed by the rear end of our truck. sideways on the road. I kept moving with the wheel cranked and got back in the proper ruts. whew! I love these tires. next time I'll wait for it to be more dry or take a couple more friends along... I'll get a couple pics up. nothing on the rough parts though, I was too busy to let Jill out for photo ops.

here's the meadow we were trying to reach. it's a panorama shot, so the tree line is actually straight

40939137_309072756523143_168506934415065088_o.jpg

40655319_309072726523146_556006709290598400_o.jpg

I used to get my Christmas trees out on 117; we did our family reunions there when I was a child. Beautiful spot! Definitely a weird weather year though; our short daily monsoons have turned into weekly extended downpours up here.

the slick roads are fun...when there's more trucks along with you to pull you out when you get stuck. definitely pretty spots along there! we've frequented the huge meadow off to the right a mile or so in. I loved the snow runs we've done along there. that road seems slicker than most when wet though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom