Borrego for three days March 10- 12 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Overlandeffex

SILVER Star
Threads
Well, I need me some camping and driving the Bruiser around. Thinking of starting in the southern area Anza Borrego and driving out to north end. Figure it should be fun and camp at least two nights. Plan to meet in the area of Lake Henshaw at the cafe about 0900 and head to dirt. I have a route planned out and some areas I have never been to so let's do this.

Well, I need me some camping and driving the Bruiser around. Thinking of starting in the southern area Anza Borrego and driving out to north end. Figure it should be fun and camp at least two nights. Plan to meet in the area of Lake Henshaw at the cafe about 0900 and head to dirt. I have a route planned out and some areas I have never been to so let's do this.
Are you talking about meeting tomorrow? Post is short on details.

Are you talking about meeting tomorrow? Post is short on details.
Title suggests it's the following weekend (in one week).

What route are you planning and what days?

Sounds fun, so wish I could make it.

Frank

I'll be out there camping those same days with the family, but a the Vallecito County Park campground down near Agua Calliente... It's unlikely that we'll be able to catch up with y'all.

As a point of interest if you've not gone out to see it before, the Pumpkin Patch is pretty neat... I went and saw that in early Feb while glamping with a bunch of oceanographers in Borrego Springs. It's actually part of the ORV area and not in the park, could be some interesting wheeling if approaching from the southwest, not so much if coming from Borrego Springs... definitely some unique geology.

Zac and I are camping Friday night in Borrego Springs area, but then we are playing golf Saturday morning, a little sand and turf.

Jealous , I am. Sounds awesome.

Frank

What route are you planning and what days?
I have a route to just cruise all over the place in the northern area. See you tomorrow?

I have a route to just cruise all over the place in the northern area. See you tomorrow?

Not looking good for me at the moment. Too much going on tomorrow and most likely Sat as well. Wish I could though, need to get out again.

We are planning on camping in one of the washes just off the Calcite Mine trail. 33°17'19.7"N 116°06'08.9"W - https://goo.gl/maps/9wLULSjRfa8U71w69 33.28834, -116.10246
We should be out there around 3:00 or so tomorrow afternoon.
Beware of camping in the washes this weekend, pretty high probability of raining / or snow in the mountains so flash floods are a real possibility especially in the northern and western areas of the park.

We just got lucky and upgraded our camping spot from Vallecito Stage Station to Agua Caliente, so we'll be soaking in the hot springs... :cheers:

We are running way behind.... too many long days at work made no prep time. See you all out there...will be on the club channel. 146.490

Well, the trail was fun, the people who went were amazing and the wind sucked! We ended up scratching the surface of Octillo and Anza Borrego. Planning more days of explorering.

I hope we can make it next time.

Yes, the wind was howling out there... making campfires seem more dangerous, nearly destroyed our popup and ripped parts of the fly on my 20 year old Eureka tent. I am happy to have not taken the Gazelle tent as it probably would have struggled in those winds. Thankfully, there was no wind at all in the hot spring building, so there was some escape from it in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom