Borla stainless exhaust anyone? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The exhaust on my '95 is ready to blow off any second so I am researching options. I've found a borla stainless system for around $500, seems kind of steep. Any thoughts, experience or ideas from the masterminds of IHMUD?!?!?:rolleyes:

yeap, on my 2nd one. Decent exhaust, the brackets broke on my first one, borla replaced it for free (minus shipping on my end).

If I had to do it over, I would probably look at a 3" exhaust (I have a blower), I think MAF has one, or a custom exhaust from a good muffler shop.
hth

Last edited:
thank's smoke, what's the highway noise level like? I take the rig on a lot of camping trips usually involving highway miles, don't want to get too bugged out.

I've found the borla system at summit racing &truck performance.com so far

autoanything.com has Borla for 483.00 and free shipping. I somehow got on their spam list. My muffler rotted out around the muffler inlet pipe and is held on with big radiator clamps right now. 5 bones is alot of money when you will almost certainly mess up the resonator wheeling. I personally am going with the custom route to get what I need. A decent muffler shop will have a few good choices for a muffle which is not priced to support Flowmaster or Magnaflow's advertisement budget which will flow freely. If you can weld some, mandrel bent exhaust pipe can be bought from summit or jegs, and you can make up what ever you want. Most people say that Toyota hangers are the way to go, so stay with them if you can. Hope this helps. I am going to try to get one more trip to Big Bend in 3 weeks out of the muffler, then I'll be right there with you. :hillbilly:

I like mine well enough. The hangers do suck, but they welded up pretty easy. I left them banging around for way too long before having them welded up. It's pretty rock-solid again. The sound is nice. I do notice, but don't mind, the drone at cruising speeds.

I love the Borla for road driving, but if you're going to wheel it much, you will bang it up. The resinator isn't that prone to bumps, as much as the fancy exhaust tip. It sticks out pretty far. Also, if/when it finally gets banged up enough, I'll probably have the pipe after the cats re-routed up and over the frame. Do a search for "exhaust" under the screen name CreeperSleeper. His is pretty nice and tucked away.

well, it aint quiet, but it aint real real loud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom