1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Borla Exhaust on FZJ80?

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by Sammy Jenkins, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Sammy Jenkins

Sammy Jenkins

Does anyone have Borla Exhaust on their FZJ80, or any other exhaust that sounds nice. Thinking about putting it on my truck. Any input would be nice.

- Sammy

2. landtank

landtank SILVER Star

I have the Borla on my truck. It wasn't a "sound" decission for me. I was looking at a stainless system that bolted right in and less than the factory. It does have a deeper tone and none of the whistle. Be carefull as to what you put under there. One member went with some sort of after market duel exhaust which he initially loved the sound. After a few long distance drives he has wished he hadn't gone that route and maybe toned it down a little. Do a search on flowmaster and you should find plenty of material on alternate exhausts.

3. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Moderator

Surrounded by Cruisers from all over the world
    I too have a Borla. I like it because the muffler "can" is a bit smaller than OEM and tucked up further. I also like the exhaust note. A main drawback of the Borla is where the tip exits. It comes out well below the stock rear bumper in a manner that screams "Flatten me on a big rock!"

At first I modified mine like this with the stock bumper.

4. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Moderator

Surrounded by Cruisers from all over the world
    After I installed my Slee rear bumper I had a new tail pipe made because Christo wouldn't let me cut a notch in his bumper. (A bad idea anyway as that area is where the tire carrier spindle resides).

5. Sammy Jenkins

Sammy Jenkins

Man-a-fre also has a 3 inch cat-back exhaust. How does that compare to Borla's Exhaust?

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">