Borla 14814 cat back exhaust significantly discounted on Amazon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just like the title says. The Borla 14814 cat-back is $607 with free Prime shipping on Amazon right now. Coupled with another 5% coupon I had and $250 or so of rewards points it ended up at $360 to my door.

That looks like it would hang even lower than stock exhaust. Don’t go offroad after you install that.

Nah - will hang down less other than the tip, which I may leave off anyway. Will post some pics of my install, but if you dig around the borla system does sit up pretty nice compared to the factory mud-muffler which is gigantic!

Nah - will hang down less other than the tip, which I may leave off anyway. Will post some pics of my install, but if you dig around the borla system does sit up pretty nice compared to the factory mud-muffler which is gigantic!
Wonder if there will be any drone on the LC. My friend got a Borla for his 5.7 Tundra and god damn it sounded beastly.

Yeah, I really want to hear one of these in person. I like the quiet of the LX, but miss some throaty exhaust!

Wonder if there will be any drone on the LC. My friend got a Borla for his 5.7 Tundra and god damn it sounded beastly.
I reckon installing some Dynamat and Dynapad under the rear carpet could help mitigate some of the cabin noise. That's what I'm planning to do anyway!

@ArnieC request on thread dredge-up:

any feedback on this system Borla overall? looks like I'm going to need to replace my muffler soon... appears that DT and other no longer have Cat-Back solutions available

@ArnieC request on thread dredge-up:

any feedback on this system Borla overall? looks like I'm going to need to replace my muffler soon... appears that DT and other no longer have Cat-Back solutions available
Yeah I am interested too... Miss the sound of my 60 with the custom cat-back exhaust I did for it. However, really don't want to go through that again if at all possible. Been wondering (and thinking of starting a thread) on what others do for their "custom" exhausts.

upon further digging, DT appears to still have something on their website. it shows "in stock", but I haven't verified.

but the Borla still shows to be a good price and in-stock on Amazon

upon further digging, DT appears to still have something on their website. it shows "in stock", but I haven't verified.

Looks like it is an addition to the DT Headers.... stock system does not have two inlets.

found ArnieC's install thread for the Borla here:

Greetings friends.

Sold my 100 shortly after installing this system so no long term feedback. Sorry!

I have had mine for 8 years now. No rust, sounds great and no drone. I like to think it helps with the seat o pants dyno rating too but i know thats probably not true. Fits right in place of stock and i dont notice any lower hanging. Would buy again

DT (89248) is 460 at Summit and 480 at some other places. I still have it and love it after 6 years. Much higher clearance and smaller muffler than stock, would recommend FWIW

x2 for DT Cat back - I drive a mountain pass a few times a week and the cat back definitly helped. Main difference is it didnt seem to struggle up as much as before. Then I added heavier tires and you know that was 1 step forward 2 steps back.

Allegedly Slee skids can’t be installed with the Borla cat back. I hope someone can verify if true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom