Borgenson u-joints and shaft (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.employees.org
Hi,

I am looking to get 2 Borgenson u-joints and a collapsible steering shaft, I can them from SOR for more than $500 (SOR sells them at msrp+tax+big shipping cost)...Anybody knows of a good place I can get them cheaper?

Thanks in advance.

/td

Actually, from looking at the pictures of the u-joint from SOR, they look like the Flaming River u-joints not the Borgenson. The Flaming River joints are sold at Summit Racing for $65 bucks each, and the Borgenson costs $93 (Spector sell their whatever u-joints for $108 each). I don't want to skimp on steering, so the question now is what are the differences between the Flaming River and Borgenson u-joint?

Thanks.

Borgenson used to sell direct but that stopped a few years ago. Any good speed shop should order them for less that SOR wants. I have a Borgenson U-joint on the box end and Flaming River shaft and top joint. Both are high quality stuff but the Borgenson is rusting after 5 years. The FR is coated or plated and looks like new.

They are both good and will work for years. Just be sure you get the correct spline count for the steering box and the steering column setup.

Direct from Borgeson

You can still get stuff direct from Borgeson. I just ordered my steering shaft and u-joint about two months ago.

You can actually buy the stuff cheaper through Jegs or Summit.

J.R.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom