Bora Wheel Spacers - 2004 LX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I haven't heard of a single soul on this forum running steel spacers. I've used Bora and Spidertrax with zero issues. 100's require a uniquely machined front spacer to clear the hub hardware. Make sure the spacers you get are hub centric. I wouldn't get cheap ones from Amazon. The more you push the wheels out the more interference you'll have ("but it will look cooler"). My unpopular opinion says to use the smallest bolt on spacer Bora makes, 3/4". That will make your effective offset +41 and you'll have loads of room for taller and/or wider tires in the future with minimal effort.
One of the guys that recommended bora steel is on here :)

We live in the same town he’s been helping me with some maintenance. Was thinking of getting 1 or 1.25” spacers for the stock 18” 5 spoke wheels

Doesn’t seem like it pushes the wheel out far enough to be 1.25”
Confirmed in 2 mins...

Confirmed in 2 mins...

Oh lol

+1 Bora 1.25 on 275/70/18 tires.
IMG_0242.jpeg

IMG_0243.jpeg
IMO perfect stance if you're sticking with AHC.

Think they’ll interfere with adding the oem front mudguard since I’m taking the running boards off? Looks awesome
I was running OEM front mud flaps with the stock tire size, but had to remove them at the tire shop due to excessive rubbing from parking lot turns.

278FF5B1-5610-4D21-BD2E-E43062F64E4F.jpeg
IMG_9911.jpeg

OEM tire size with front flaps - no running boards

I was running OEM front mud flaps with the stock tire size, but had to remove them at the tire shop due to excessive rubbing from parking lot turns.

View attachment 3529157View attachment 3529158
OEM tire size with front flaps - no running boards
Oh rats, I already got them and the hardware but I have 275/70/18 tires. I’m taking the running boards off and just got the white knuckle sliderers delivered yesterday

Last edited:
Oh rats, I already got them and the hardware but I have 275/75/18 tires. I’m taking the running boards off and just got the white knuckle sliderers delivered yesterday

Pretty sure you mean 275/70.
The mud flaps will have to be modified to fit around the sliders.

Pretty sure you mean 275/70.
The mud flaps will have to be modified to fit around the sliders.
Yes, corrected that to 70. i haven’t put the sliders on yet, do you know of any forum posts where someone has modded them you could share with me?

Yes, corrected that to 70. i haven’t put the sliders on yet, do you know of any forum posts where someone has modded them you could share with me?

Sliders + mud flaps are not a common combo so I doubt you’ll find much. When customizing you can’t be afraid to just dive in there and figure stuff out. It’s not as hard as you’re thinking. Just do.

Sliders + mud flaps are not a common combo so I doubt you’ll find much. When customizing you can’t be afraid to just dive in there and figure stuff out. It’s not as hard as you’re thinking. Just do.
It was recommended to me to use mudflaps in lieu of the running boards since the running boards provide protection against rocks and debris hitting the body panels to some degree.

Reactions: GTV
Any rubbing w 1.25” spacers and those tires w AHC at normal ride height?
At normal AHC height, there is a light rub at low speed on the infamous "pinch weld" hump on the fender liners. i've driven about 1k already and still no noticeable wear mark. i will likely be using a heat gun and hammer to add some clearance this spring, but it hasn't bothered me much.

At normal AHC height, there is a light rub at low speed on the infamous "pinch weld" hump on the fender liners. i've driven about 1k already and still no noticeable wear mark. i will likely be using a heat gun and hammer to add some clearance this spring, but it hasn't bothered me much.
So maybe with 1” there will be enough gap to not rub, I’ll probably go with that then.

Reactions: GTV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom