BORA spacers + Stock 20" Wheels + 275/60r20 Michelin Defenders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NKP Garage

Forever Learning
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
So I've been loving the performance of the 275/60r20 Michelin Defenders we went with about 14 months ago. They have done amazing in every situation I have been through. Snow. Uphill slippery gravel and stone trails. Sand. Towing an 8000 lbs 30ft boat on a regular basis. And overall comfort. They've been a great all around tire. They're slightly taller than stock, thicker sidewall, higher pressure, and slightly skinnier.

The only thing I've been itching for is a more aggressive "looking" stance. The tucked tire look that is traditional LC80/LC100/LC200 is fine, but I would love the look of tires/wheels that are more flush with the fender. So I measured and pondered, then measured some more. And finally decided to order a set of custom spacers from Motorsport-Tech. They are the ones that make the BORA spacers. Hubcentric and lugcentric. I have used their spacers on track cars, rock crawlers, and just street cars too in the past with great results. Their quality is superb!

So a few weeks ago I ordered up a set of 31.75mm (1.25") billet aluminum spacers. Anodized in black.

They just got here today! Going to take a ton of photos and measurements for both before and after. Low, middle, and high settings. Clock to clock turning. Any rubbing issues. And lots of video. Hope to get to it in the next day or two. Hoping the info is helpful to other folks as well.

Will update the thread as I make progress.

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 5.02.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 5.02.08 PM.png

How long from ordered to to your door?

How long from ordered to to your door?
Ordered on 12/30/2021. Received at my house in Austin, TX area today, 1/27/2022. I figure it would have been quicker if new years holiday wasnt in the middle of it.

Full video uploaded. I am super happy with the results with the Motorsport-Tech BORA spacers!!! I am going to do one more detailed video on how I pushed the plastics in with a heat gun for more clearance. I am hoping to have that uploaded this weekend.

Here it is... Hope it is useful to some of you guys thinking about wheel spacers on your LC200 or LX570.

One more after photo.

So I've been loving the performance of the 275/60r20 Michelin Defenders we went with about 14 months ago. They have done amazing in every situation I have been through. Snow. Uphill slippery gravel and stone trails. Sand. Towing an 8000 lbs 30ft boat on a regular basis. And overall comfort. They've been a great all around tire. They're slightly taller than stock, thicker sidewall, higher pressure, and slightly skinnier.

The only thing I've been itching for is a more aggressive "looking" stance. The tucked tire look that is traditional LC80/LC100/LC200 is fine, but I would love the look of tires/wheels that are more flush with the fender. So I measured and pondered, then measured some more. And finally decided to order a set of custom spacers from Motorsport-Tech. They are the ones that make the BORA spacers. Hubcentric and lugcentric. I have used their spacers on track cars, rock crawlers, and just street cars too in the past with great results. Their quality is superb!

So a few weeks ago I ordered up a set of 31.75mm (1.25") billet aluminum spacers. Anodized in black.

They just got here today! Going to take a ton of photos and measurements for both before and after. Low, middle, and high settings. Clock to clock turning. Any rubbing issues. And lots of video. Hope to get to it in the next day or two. Hoping the info is helpful to other folks as well.

Will update the thread as I make progress.

View attachment 2907207

View attachment 2907208
looks great! curious - how was towing the boat affected post spacer install? what PSI do you run your Michelins? thanks!!

I had a question though. The factory studs are 1.5 inches but your spacer is only 1.25 inches. Did you have to trim your factory studs or did they not come through pass the spacer holes?

I had a question though. The factory studs are 1.5 inches but your spacer is only 1.25 inches. Did you have to trim your factory studs or did they not come through pass the spacer holes?
I didn't measure the factory stud length. But they definitely do not protrude past the spacer. If you look closely at the video you can see the spacer is past the end of the factory studs. Here's a screenshot of the video:

Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 8.04.57 AM.png

Just uploaded the video to show how I added more clearance for the front wheel well. Took maybe 10 minutes and required no cutting. Now I have no rubbing in the front, even with my larger diameter tires and 1.5" spacers. Here ya go, hope it's helpful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom