Boone's Big Adventure - Planning/buildout Thread- April 17th- May 1 2021- ID UT AZ MOAB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

can't afford the illegal mandatory home incarceration upon my return
does that quarantined stuff still apply for interstate travel? Driving around in the desert for 17 days seems pretty socially distant to me.

Painting stuff black
9A20D3D3-BB0F-4C44-B656-9E7AB976648D.jpeg

As shown in the glamour shots much progress in the builds.
There is much progress in routing as well. I have the route planned from Hanksville/Goblin Valley headed north to Wellington. Now that I have the route planned I am going to be looking for extra cool things along the way.
Views of the 'Confluence', hide and seek in Goblin Valley, staying up late for views of the night sky, The Green River Museum (great exhibit on early explores of the Colorado river, talk about going into the unknown), The Jurassic Monument (which has the largest collection of fossils from the Jurassic era in one area) and not to mention all of the hieroglyphics and oddities along the way.
I will be posting specifics shortly. In the mean time, I will be taking advantage of the brisk weather we have to come by getting some extra shop time in this week.

tempImage9kOCE4.png

tempImageeYppjh.png

tempImageCSARCe.png

This thread is fun to watch. I hope you do some detailed posts of your full setups (new stuff and old) when you get a little bit closer to being ready to go, and then it would be cool to see a debrief on things after you've had a week or two to process once the trip is complete.

This thread is fun to watch. I hope you do some detailed posts of your full setups (new stuff and old) when you get a little bit closer to being ready to go, and then it would be cool to see a debrief on things after you've had a week or two to process once the trip is complete.
It’s only going to get better. I’ll be posting every step of the process and there’s some big things in the works. Boxes of stuff coming everyday. The pictures from the trip are going to be insane.

IMG_76780789F26C-1.jpeg

Logistics update.
Thus far I am up to 1,635 miles from Bozeman around Utah and back.
Currently the route through Utah is 463.5 miles. I am leaving a lot of flexibility in the Utah schedule in order to be able to spend more time in some areas that are cool (Jurassic National Monument. Largest collection of Jurassic-aged dinosaur bones ever found.) and move quick in less desirable.
I am planning on being in Wellington, Ut by or before Friday April 30th. This will give us time to fuel and get a good nights sleep before heading back to Bozeman Saturday morning. I have been scouting the area around Wellington/Price, Ut so if the trip shows up early we have areas to explore.

We are starting the six week build crunch with lots to do. Getting the rigs turned over to the 'Organizers' in 6 weeks will give two weeks for packing and time to wrap up loose ends. I am sure it sounds like a long way off but it's not. If you are planning on going and need to order parts and pieces now's the time to do it. As we all know it takes some time getting things.

For anyone who is interested in catching up with the trip for a leg or two there will be someone who will be posting, in real time, info as we meander in and out of service (Location, destination, pics...etc). We will be on 2m, so if you are in the area give a shout!

Super excited to be planning and building this project. There is much to come. Now that the dual batteries are done and making good progress on the drawers we will be diving into the trailer. I have been pre-fabricating parts as I have time to make assembly quicker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom