Boone's Big Adventure - Planning/buildout Thread- April 17th- May 1 2021- ID UT AZ MOAB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm always interested to know what others are packing for meals on trips. Backpacking and bicycle touring require tons of calories, but everything needs to be shelf stable and light. Living out of the back of a Subaru when I was doing a lot of rock climbing in college, the priority was low cost to offset my beer budget. Road trips with my wife tend to be sandwiches with nice bread, cheese, and sliced meats for lunches, breakfast and dinner tend to be at places she finds along the route. Menu planning is probably the next step of planning for my Magruder Corridor trip this year.
Having, two fridge/freezers, two ovens, two stoves, a Scottle, a BBQ and a Yetti full of beer will give us the ability to have a pretty posh menu!
With the ability to transport and prepare quality meals for a week not only adds to the epic scenery but also helps keep the crew 'regular'. We have found that being able to keep this schedule for each crew member is just as important as meal schedule.
Lots of fruits and vegetables!

433F8586-B6CA-445E-8B09-9C126A16FF8D.jpeg
16F37D31-B3FA-4338-9730-0BE69F367F27.jpeg
F5E4E103-2230-4DD3-9B1D-2F4D6D5609FA.jpeg
939FF8B5-1C9B-4BC7-A859-11E2E89F9905.jpeg
622A4D4A-3B67-4C33-A0CA-899F7E405EED.jpeg

I checked out the boys progress on Sunday and they are really looking ready to roll!

So fun fellas, have a blast. Wished I was going.

I checked out the boys progress on Sunday and they are really looking ready to roll!

So fun fellas, have a blast. Wished I was going.
Bud we are SOOOO ready to roll! 104 hrs and 25 minutes to departure!
The trip menu will be finalized over dinner on Thursday and final grocery trip is scheduled for Friday.

-You know it's close to departure when laundry and grocery shopping are on the official schedule!

I know everyone is worried be didn't make it back. everyone made it in one piece but not without drama. I'm working on posting the pictures and write up/ asap!

heres the google dump. im working on posting highlights this weekend......sooo busy this week catching up. 15 days off grid does that

Looking forward to your write up.

edit: Looked through your photos. Did you check out Goblin's Lair and Goblinette's Lair while at Goblin State Park? That was the best part of that place.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom