Boneyard Finds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I didn't take any pics. The left front fender was impacted and the drivers door was hard to open as a result. I was able to open the passenger door so the right fender might have been OK. I think all the flares were missing.

Color is white.

1988 FJ62.

Diffs missing and were targeted by somebody. I pulled the hubs, dizzy, and coil/igniter. Axle shafts and knuckle assy were still there. I didn't look very close, but I think it was pretty rough. Engine looked good. Inside had been hit hard.

1988 FJ62.

Diffs missing and were targeted by somebody. I pulled the hubs, dizzy, and coil/igniter. Axle shafts and knuckle assy were still there. I didn't look very close, but I think it was pretty rough. Engine looked good. Inside had been hit hard.

Dude,

where are the pics? Got a camera phone, doncha?

I will be going back soon. I didn't find what I needed, so I harvested spares instead. I'll take the phone next time. I also noticed that the 1987/88 4Runners came with these tie down loops in the back. Mine didn't, and I seem to recall the holes to mount them are under the carpet. So I grabbed a pair. They didn't charge me for those.

The Birfields and axle shafts were left when I was done in case somebody needs spares.

1988 FJ62.

Was the cowl chassis harness still there?

I believe so, the dash was still in place, iirc. The engine harness was, and didn't look molested.

I believe so, the dash was still in place, iirc. The engine harness was, and didn't look molested.

I was there today, and snapped some pics.

I'll try to post them later tonight.

The entire wire harness is still in place, and looked unmolested to me.

All the stuff you need to do a disc swap on the 40 is there (one of the birfs is inside the truck), although I couldn't find one of the lower trunion bushing caps, although I'm sure it didn't go too far.

Stuff that I know is gone:
  • front diff
  • rear diff cover
  • throttle pedal and cable (including hand throttle)
  • air cleaner housing
  • hood latch
  • gauge cluster
  • one of the closeable air vents
  • springs and shocks
  • shackles (but fixed shackle pins were inside truck)
  • Rear brake line
  • Lower Tailgate
Other than the bottom of the air cleaner housing, the EFI system looked pretty intact to me. Pretty sure I could see the marks of pappy's visit (the idler missing from the tensioner, and as he mentioned the missing hubs).

The front axle housing was still there.

The truck obviously took some serious body damage when it was hit (the body and motor mounts were all ripped), but most of the engine is complete. the interior was about average, but the headliner is totally unuseable--it has a bunch of teenage-ish graffiti all over it.

Dan

I was there today, and snapped some pics.

Stuff that I know is gone:
  • air cleaner housing
Dan

Hey Dan! Glad to see you back in town.

Interesting. The air cleaner was there yesterday, but I must admit I made it easy for whom ever took it. It made it much easier to get to the dizzy hold down when it was out of the way :). I have no idea how one would adjust the timing on a 3FE with all that crap in the way.

Also, I took the AC idler. I took off the PS to look at it, but it was a stamped pulley, and not cast like the AC. I run the AC idler in place of the smog pump on the 2FE. Also, the PS idler has a narrower grove and didn't fit my need.

Hey Dan! Glad to see you back in town.

I come and go. Like the breeze. ;)

Interesting. The air cleaner was there yesterday, but I must admit I made it easy for whom ever took it.

Yes, you did. I didn't even have to get out my wrench! Beers to you for that!

Dan

Yes, you did. I didn't even have to get out my wrench! Beers to you for that!

Dan

Always glad to help ... even if I don't mean to. :beer:

So the lesson here is wait until Jon lets us know that he's taken what he wanted and then you just go grab all the stuff he removed for you.

So the lesson here is wait until Jon lets us know that he's taken what he wanted and then you just go grab all the stuff he removed for you.

Or, he just loads up the wheelbarrow, takes all the parts to his house and we all show up at his house for beer, pizza and parts swap!!

I'm out of town and could use the axles and birfs for spares on Project 16, if anyone goes down there. I would appreciate it. if not, I can look next week when we are back.

I'm pretty sure this used to belong to a club member, BTW. I remember this truck from a trip around Cedro Peak circa 2008 or so. The non stock drain plugs I found tell me a cruiser head had it (it had Allen head drain plugs in the diff cover I stole).

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1397622991.078582.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1397623005.534861.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1397623017.014857.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1397623032.059140.jpg

I wish I would have seen your post this afternoon Shawn. We were there scavenging other parts this afternoon. Knuckles and birfs were still there.

Dan

1988 FJ62.

Did you catch the MFGing date? Looking for a TCase with the 38mm idler without Vac...

Did you catch the MFGing date? Looking for a TCase with the 38mm idler without Vac...

Oct '87

It has the 38mm split case, but pretty sure its vacuum actuated.

Dan

Sorry,it did have vacuum shift.

Cross posting to make sure this gets everybody's attention.

upull.jpg

Red Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Posted today.

Boneyard LC.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom