Boneheaded Detailer Washed Engine Bay - Won't Start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy. Made the dumb mistake of telling the detailer to do the engine bay when prepping my 1988 FJ62 for sale. Now it won't start.

It's been 5 days. Engine bay is dry. Distributor has spark. Not sure what else to test. Any thoughts?

TIA!

So assuming that water got in an electrical plug — I guess get out the hair dryer and unplug whatever plugs you can (one at a time) and dry it out completely.

My dad used to have a ‘65 porsche 356 car that would never start after washing it. We would push it to the end of the street then head down the other street that was steeper downhill and bump start it. It would start every time.
But bump starting is out of the equation with a 62 & it’s automatic transmission.

Hi, I-wash mine all the time with a power washer No problem. Check inside distributor cap ,coil wire still attached.Something simple look around.

I had a guy powerwash my '82 Datsun Maxima while it was running, and it left spark tracks all throughout the distributor cap, and would not run. Study the inside of the distributor cap for arc trails that indicate high voltage that has fried the cap. You will have spark, but it won't be able to get to the plugs at the right time.

Ever get it started?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom