1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bondo + rhino lining= ???

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by hatedemjepps, Jul 23, 2005.

1. hatedemjepps

hatedemjepps

Media:
    im about to rhinoline (actually rattle guard if you no any better) a good amount of my truck and the thought came across my mind that maybe the rubber stuff might react w/ it? i havent heard anything but b4 i blow all my investment id kinda like to here a few say "its no problem". should i primer it first?
    RIGS ALMOST DONE! :cheers:

2. hatedemjepps

hatedemjepps

Media:
    o yea it being bondo my bad all

3. SAS

SAS Seeking higher vistas

Media:
    Albums:
    My 60 has some rust bubbling; actually crackling through some faux Rhino-like coating on the frame and axle housings...though, it's hard to say if the PO (or the O before the PO) made a good attempt to apply it to a clean (rust free), painted surface--I'm thinking "no". No Bondo was covered with a Rhino-like coating on the rear quarters, so I can't reply specifically to your question. Does the product container address application to body fillers? If not, and it says to apply to clean, primered surface, I'd suggest a primer before applying the Rhino-like.

I need a sand-blaster with a fire hose attachment!

4. CruisinGA

CruisinGA

I am bedlining a good portion of my 80. Did quite a bit of fiberglass/bondo work beforehand to conceal the fender flare holes. I primered it all. Absolutely no reason not too. Also helps to waterproof as bondo is permeable, and bedliner does not seal bare metal well.

5. chitown40

chitown40

I did my 40 last summer with Herculiner and it's holding up quite well. I would rough up the surface, then use a product like rust-bullet or POR-15 first, then Herc. over that. I would stay away from the rattle can Truck Bed-Liner spray for your tub. It is OK for small areas or for stuff like running boards (did mine with about 5 coats of spray and they look pretty awesome). You can spray on the herc. or roll it on. I've heard good results with both. I rolled mine on and it looks pretty even. Obviously spraying it will probably look more like a professionally applied coating, but with patience and good prep, a roll job can look just as good.

-Rob