bondo + rhino lining= ???

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by GMSilk_Fj60, Jul 23, 2005.

1. GMSilk_Fj60

GMSilk_Fj60 SILVER Star

Media:
    im about to rhinoline (actually rattle guard if you no any better) a good amount of my truck and the thought came across my mind that maybe the rubber stuff might react w/ it? i havent heard anything but b4 i blow all my investment id kinda like to here a few say "its no problem". should i primer it first?
    RIGS ALMOST DONE! :cheers:

2. GMSilk_Fj60

GMSilk_Fj60 SILVER Star

Media:
    o yea it being bondo my bad all

3. SAS

SAS Seeking higher vistas

Media:
    Albums:
    My 60 has some rust bubbling; actually crackling through some faux Rhino-like coating on the frame and axle housings...though, it's hard to say if the PO (or the O before the PO) made a good attempt to apply it to a clean (rust free), painted surface--I'm thinking "no". No Bondo was covered with a Rhino-like coating on the rear quarters, so I can't reply specifically to your question. Does the product container address application to body fillers? If not, and it says to apply to clean, primered surface, I'd suggest a primer before applying the Rhino-like.

I need a sand-blaster with a fire hose attachment!

4. CruisinGA

CruisinGA

I am bedlining a good portion of my 80. Did quite a bit of fiberglass/bondo work beforehand to conceal the fender flare holes. I primered it all. Absolutely no reason not too. Also helps to waterproof as bondo is permeable, and bedliner does not seal bare metal well.

5. chitown40

chitown40

I did my 40 last summer with Herculiner and it's holding up quite well. I would rough up the surface, then use a product like rust-bullet or POR-15 first, then Herc. over that. I would stay away from the rattle can Truck Bed-Liner spray for your tub. It is OK for small areas or for stuff like running boards (did mine with about 5 coats of spray and they look pretty awesome). You can spray on the herc. or roll it on. I've heard good results with both. I rolled mine on and it looks pretty even. Obviously spraying it will probably look more like a professionally applied coating, but with patience and good prep, a roll job can look just as good.

-Rob

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.