Bolts

Ok... well since I sold my last pig... and we sold our house.... I had to get rid of my entire stash of cruiser stuff. So I have no extras. My pig is missing one of the center bolts for the intake/exhaust manifold. So I need to get the specs so I can go and buy another bolt at lowes. Anyone?

Is your motor F or 2F? I have a 2f that is toast. I can pull one from that motor if that will help.

Pighead

Stop calling it an FJ

The bolts that hold the manifolds to each other or the studs that hold the manifolds to the head?

Well is the second bolt or stud. The first one is like what... a 14mm i think.. the second one is something like a 17mm. Anyway the whole thing is missing. I just need the specs.... thread and pitch.

Pighead

Stop calling it an FJ

Dude,
Work with me here... I'm still not clear on exactly which bolt you're talking about.

"One of the center bolts for the intake/exhaust manifold"

There are 3 bolts that hold the two manifolds together. In the middle where they mate up.
There are the many (like 8 or so) studs that hold the manifolds to the head.

"Well is the second bolt or stud. The first one is like what... a 14mm i think.. the second one is something like a 17mm."

Are you talking about the size wrench that fits on the bolt (nut)? Sounds kinda like you're talking manifold studs on a 2F. And they're supposed to be studs, not bolts.
If we're talking manifold studs, go to the dealer. Lowes might have them, right next to the reverse-thread smog pump pulley nut. Manifold studs are special, they got a long end and a short end and a shoulder in between. Get the matching washers and nuts too. This is a place where, IMNSHO, OEM is best.

Some of the studs, I think on the 2Fs, are stepped studs. That means the part of the stud that screws into the head is larger than the part of the stud that sticks out where the intake/exhaust manifolds bolt to. Those stepped studs are only available from a specialized dealer. SOR? When Danny Warden was in business he kept a good supply of them. No more though.

Well... not sure on them being all studs. Maybe every cruiser Ive owned in the past had the manifold bolts/studs replaced by a PO. I need one of them from the middle of the manifold where the two manifolds meet. I just need the specs on the middle studs then... the thread size and pitch.

Top Bottom