Bolts Missing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, I’m currently replacing all 3 belts on my 92 and noticed 2 bolts missing on the AC compressor assembly. Just wondering what OEM part number these bolts are or maybe a similar after market replacement. Thank you.

7A9AEE92-815A-4CED-9254-DBDBF072F74F.jpeg

D16B2C6E-33C3-4A84-B7A2-E46B87B6903B.jpeg

IIRC, it's a M8x1.25 Flanged, Hex Head Cap Screw, Class 8.8 (10.8 will also work), and fairly long (again, I'm doing this from memory) like 30 or 35 mm. If you're in a pinch you can get one from a fastener supply store (Grainger, MSC, etc) or a hardware store. Just to be clear, the OEM bolts are JIS (Japanese standard) not ISO metric, which is all you'll get if you buy an aftermarket bolt. For this application, the difference is academic.

I assume you never had a tensioned A/C belt?

I prefer to use OEM bolts because there are very few US made bolts anymore and and at least the OEM bolts will have passed a meaningful quality assurance check before I get them.

IIRC, it's a M8x1.25 Flanged, Hex Head Cap Screw, Class 8.8 (10.8 will also work), and fairly long (again, I'm doing this from memory) like 30 or 35 mm. If you're in a pinch you can get one from a fastener supply store (Grainger, MSC, etc) or a hardware store. Just to be clear, the OEM bolts are JIS (Japanese standard) not ISO metric, which is all you'll get if you buy an aftermarket bolt. For this application, the difference is academic.

I prefer to use OEM bolts because there are very few US made bolts anymore and and at least the OEM bolts will have passed a meaningful quality assurance check before I get them.
Thank you. It’s been squeaking a lot... I thought it was a worn out idler pulley. Now I’m suspecting this is the cause of the squeak.

UPDATE:
Found M8s at O’Reilly’s. They fit perfectly! Thank you.

21057A6F-468A-47F3-AD1F-70E212A971B9.jpeg

6C377431-289A-47B6-9CFF-A9D4064CE634.jpeg

53B165F5-D253-41E4-826A-8E51905960C0.jpeg

26141A89-F81F-4FDC-AEB6-A55BF4FD9939.jpeg

You may want to consider new Toyota belts as well. They are inexpensive and wear well.

The belt you have on there is cracked on the back side, so it is on its way out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom