Builds BoltRipper's 2-year Overdue Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

John, I am doing this soon, did you need to get the new OEM shafts balanced?
Thank you.

As Onur stated they are ready to go. I greased them the way I like them, installed new hardware and ran them.

Best,

John

Sweet sweet sweet is all I can say. Just read your whole thread. Every other build will just have to take a backseat to this. Now we all know what a $100,000 build looks like. Just amazing thank you for sharing

OEM shafts come already balanced from factory.
I have checked the forum, but can’t come up with the current parts vendor. Do you guys have one? I could use my dealer and get 20% off, but I’d like to go through the mud community if possible. Thanks.

I have checked the forum, but can’t come up with the current parts vendor. Do you guys have one? I could use my dealer and get 20% off, but I’d like to go through the mud community if possible. Thanks.

I have retired from my parts procurement profession.

Developing a relationship with your local Toyota dealership is a good thing.

Make sure to confirm the discount is off of Toyota MSRP; do not settle for a dealership parts department that discounts from an escalated MSRP.

That’s disingenuous.

If 20% off of MSRP, no shipping (possible tax), that’s a decent deal and fair.

And you begin a relationship that you can develop and expand. Dealer parts managers and employees (at least in this day and age) want to do the least amount of work possible.

So, going in educated and prepared shows initiative and interest.

I have retired from my parts procurement profession.

Developing a relationship with your local Toyota dealership is a good thing.

Make sure to confirm the discount is off of Toyota MSRP; do not settle for a dealership parts department that discounts from an escalated MSRP.

That’s disingenuous.

If 20% off of MSRP, no shipping (possible tax), that’s a decent deal and fair.

And you begin a relationship that you can develop and expand. Dealer parts managers and employees (at least in this day and age) want to do the least amount of work possible.

So, going in educated and prepared shows initiative and interest.
Most excellent. Ya I knew you retired Beno. And I’m lucky, my dealer is close, gives a 20% discount no hassle. I know all of them and they know me by name!😝. And thanks for the tip on the discount being off MSRP. I’ll double check. 🤙🏻

read the majority of this thread/build. I am always amazed at the skills of folks like you who doNt do this for a living. Where did you learn these skills?
Well done!

Was time to change out fluids in the truck so we did Front and Rear Differentials, Transfer Case, Drain and Fill transmission, Brake Fluid, Fuel Injector Cleaner and Power Steering Fluid along with an oil change, tire rotation and prop shaft service for good measure.

Fluids 1.jpg

I sue Mobil DTE 24 Light Hydraulic oil for the power steering.

Psteering 2.jpg

The darker fluid is after a years use compared to new fuuid.

Psteering 1.jpg

After the flush it looks good....
Psteering 3.jpg

The new transmission was done when I did the 4.7L swap, so each year I just drain and fill about 5 quarts. by the looks of it, that's all I will need to do each year.

Tran Fluid.jpg

Happy maintenance Monday~

Cheers

I am so happy to find this thread. Watching this process and seeing what you did...so great. Thank you for so many details.

I am bummed I couldn't come up with the cash before the guy that bought this did!

I still can't believe you are selling/sold this one. It is a beautiful build as already mentioned so many times and hope you don't end up missing it too much. Really it is a selfish hope that you wouldn't let it go as I really enjoyed seeing the work you did on this and am hoping that your knowledge and presence will still be here on mud. I am sure I am not the only one who would love to pick your brain about your build.

I still can't believe you are selling/sold this one. It is a beautiful build as already mentioned so many times and hope you don't end up missing it too much. Really it is a selfish hope that you wouldn't let it go as I really enjoyed seeing the work you did on this and am hoping that your knowledge and presence will still be here on mud. I am sure I am not the only one who would love to pick your brain about your build.

Im not leaving - Still have a 200 and not sure where I'll end up, but it will be with Toyota. Ask away anytime ~

Glad to hear you will still be around :) I'll spare asking you about electrical stuff at the moment as I am at a level way below electronics 101 and have to graduate from pre-school with regards to that before testing your patience. A step by step on how you set up the rear hatch lights would be pretty cool though. It looks like a very useful addition.

Hit
Glad to hear you will still be around :) I'll spare asking you about electrical stuff at the moment as I am at a level way below electronics 101 and have to graduate from pre-school with regards to that before testing your patience. A step by step on how you set up the rear hatch lights would be pretty cool though. It looks like a very useful addition.

Hit me up on on PM and we'll schedule a call and I can run you through the process.

J

Hit

Hit me up on on PM and we'll schedule a call and I can run you through the process.

J
Should you ever decide to post up on that, I'll have an excuse to re-reread this excellent thread...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom