Bolt size 1fzfe accessory bolts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

amodal1

SILVER Star
Threads
I can't seem to find any documentation on this, but I bet someone here knows.

I'm trying to lift a 1fzfe with a cherry picker and a chain lift with eyes. When I did this before, we attached the lifting chain to the accessory bolt holes. Worked great. I don't have the bolts we used and I don't know what size those are.

Does anyone know the size of the accessory bolt holes? Or have a better place to mount the lift chains?

Last edited:

Thanks @enox for the link. Great thread but missing the piece of information I need.

I've already got the engine out. I need to pick it up and move it in my home shop.

There's a line in those instructions to connect the engine hoist. That's what I'm trying to do but not sure what size those accessory bolt holes are where I can connect the hoist. I looked it up in the FSM. There's a reference image that shows the bolts but no information about the bolt size.

Basically, I need the 1fzfe equivalent of these bolts: 2006-2011 Ford Focus 2.0 DOHC Engine Lift Hooks & Mounting Bolts

Oh ok, I actually haven't moved one of these beasts around so I'm not sure how to best assist.

Maybe try a factory bolt then go to the hardware store and get a grade 8, same pitch...

Does your engine not have the 'lifting eyes' on the head still?

Nope. When I loaded it last, we just used the bolt holes in the head and a hoist chain with eyes on it. Unfortunately, I didn't take the bolts from the shop (oversight after lifting the transmission with straps).

Last edited:
The threaded holes for the head are m10x1.25. That said, you’re making this more complicated. Putting those brackets back on allows you to lift the engine with a chain.

Last edited:
Thanks! I agree about extra complication. I just don't have those brackets. They weren't on the engine when I pulled it. I'll grab a couple grade 8 m10s and lift it with my chain hoist.

Thanks all (especially @richardlillard1 )

Metric you would want 10.9. 8.8 hardware store stuff is closer to grade 5.

Be careful not to over torque the bolts into the head. Being aluminum, it’s only supposed to be 30ft lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom