Bolt on turbo kit (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And guys don’t get me wrong, there are more ways than one to skin a cat and I am sure Cruiser Co will put together a nice system.

When I started this thread this was supposed to be a budget conscious setup, that also had to take into account, dual batteries, the AC air compressor setups, etc.

So what I recommended was a setup to meet all of those requirements. Compromises have to be made. Just like you’re not putting 39’s on your 80 to daily drive it. I have no thoughts of grandeur that this is the end all be all of turbo setups. This checked as many of the boxes as I thought possible while trying to keep it at a price point that was reasonable. (I know there was price creep as Joey really likes to go all out with branding and such). And although I had nothing to do with the sale of this kit I still stand by that this is a very safe, affordable and long lasting setup.

Ryan
There are more than one way to skin a cat and your setup that you came up with has pushed the 80 Series forced induction world forward like none other. It definitely hit a lot of important boxes and is a very robust system from what I have seen. The guys with the WE kit have a nice system because of you inspiring the kit with your knowledge on the matter and pushing and helping people like @Heckraiser and @lilevo get theirs off the ground.

There are more than one way to skin a cat and your setup that you came up with has pushed the 80 Series forced induction world forward like none other. It definitely hit a lot of important boxes and is a very robust system from what I have seen. The guys with the WE kit have a nice system because of you inspiring the kit with your knowledge on the matter and pushing and helping people like @Heckraiser and @lilevo get theirs off the ground.
And I’m glad another vendor is stepping up to offer FI kits given where the WE product landed.

I want to see more 80 series cruising at 80 mph in the left lane.

do any boosted peeps in here have experience with the Innovate PSB-1 Wideband/boost gauge? since the AEM Failsafe is discontinued this seems like the better of 3 wideband/boost all in one gauges...but I hear not great things about innovate AFR gauges. On top of that in a few videos on YouTube it looks like the numbers flash, I'm not sure if that is just from the video catching the refreshes but if anyone has one let me know how you like it!

do any boosted peeps in here have experience with the Innovate PSB-1 Wideband/boost gauge? since the AEM Failsafe is discontinued this seems like the better of 3 wideband/boost all in one gauges...but I hear not great things about innovate AFR gauges. On top of that in a few videos on YouTube it looks like the numbers flash, I'm not sure if that is just from the video catching the refreshes but if anyone has one let me know how you like it!

I've got a boosted Tacoma and a few friends do as well, these gauges are complete crap. They regularly fail entirely and something about the logic of the wideband module burns out $120 sensors way faster than other gauges. The only positive thing I can say about them is the boost/vac portion has a nice clear readout.

The JustRaceParts gauge has been solid for 2+ years and gives you all the options. I may have a used one to sell soon

I burnt out the Bosch sensor, that came with my innovate kit. I have yet to replace it, as I am debating switching to analog gauges instead. My OCD has gotten the better of me and I am wanting something more factory-like. I have an innovate boost, AFR, and oil pressure/temp gauge. They have been good, all in all, minus the burnt sensor.

For the WE turbo kit, are the oil feed and drain lines custom in any way (length/fittings)? Both of mine are wet with oil, but not dripping yet. I’d rather replace with stainless flex if I can find something off the shelf.

For the WE turbo kit, are the oil feed and drain lines custom in any way (length/fittings)? Both of mine are wet with oil, but not dripping yet. I’d rather replace with stainless flex if I can find something off the shelf.
Nothing custom about them. Take it to a shop that sells hydraulic hoses and have them make you a set.

Hello,

I started a new Wit's End Turbo Owners thread, as there were posts showing up on the problem vendors thread and then individual posts in the J80 forum. This thread is very long and was originally intended for the development and shipping of the first kits.

Maybe this one will not get locked:

Assembling your own AN limes is very easy. Just don’t use cheapo fittings. Hop on Summit and order some stuff from Russell and do it yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom