100 Series Bolt-On Tire Carrier (1 Viewer)

Interested in a bolt on tire carrier

• Yes

Votes: 88 52.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Possibly if under 1000.00

Votes: 90 53.9%
  • DIY Kit

Votes: 25 15.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As a current WilcoXL user I would definitely sell that to get in on this. especially since it is bolt on and under $1000.

@TRAIL TAILOR curious if more progress and of course a final price and design is nearing completion?

@TRAIL TAILOR curious if more progress and of course a final price and design is nearing completion?

Just received all the 80 pieces from the laser cutter. I hope to have the 100 donor rig in the fabshop in the next 2-3 weeks.

Jason

To further the point my 2006 lx470 doesn’t have through the bumper hitch but a under the bumper frame mounted hitch.

@TRAIL TAILOR

99% committed - if it is as good as your other products I’ve purchased then it’s going to be a homerun!

The tighter to the body the better. And height adjustable would be awesome. I’d like the spare as high as your bumper swingout!

*Any chance for a CENTERED carrier???

Genuinely excited and interested. This will be fit the wife’s LX.

One more thing - adjustable tire carrier depth to accommodate a wide variety of wheel offsets.

The Slee rear does adjust but not enough for more aggressive offsets like when I ran SCS wheels with a +10 offset I could not get my 295 width tire to touch the swingout and therefore got tons of wobbling vibration.

Also the Slee only has 3 studs. I saw where the 4x4 labs carrier has 5 studs. I’m sure this helps secure the wheel as well

I know my place - I’m a buyer and have no knowledge or skill to build this - just making suggestions. I’ll now let the artist create his master piece.

My 05 has the under the bumper frame mounted hitch. Mine is a LC, is the difference between the LC and the LX?
I have one in my bumper and an aftermarket one under the bumper from the previous owner. I am pretty new to the 100 series so I am not 100% sure.

In the USA only 2003-2005 LX's had the through the bumper hitch. The rest have the standard under the bumper hitch. I believe that all 2003+ have provisions for the through the bumper style in the rear brace but I’m not 100% on that.

Last edited:
I’d be very interested for the 100 if it mounts a little higher up (don’t really care about preserving tons of visibility just higher and tighter for clearance) and could accommodate a 35” tire on a +10mm offset wheels. Moved my spare inside the cab and it’s taking up too much space and am building my own minimal bumpers so something bolt on (I’m leaving my rear bumper bar) and minimal sounds perfect

Buddy built this on my 80 yrs ago. Maybe not as high as this but somewhere between the two would be cool. Thats a 255 85 16 for reference.

20170828_140004.jpg

so what is the ballpark price in these lets go brandon times?? I'm guessing the over

Bump.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom